What's new

Recommend apps for Moms and kids!

traquy

Reaction score
I'm interested in great apps for a Mom with a toddler. Educational or just plain fun, I'm looking for both.

I'm also looking for good apps for killing time (when said toddler is napping or I'm waiting for an appointment or something like that).

Thanks in advance, and once I actually have my phone I will certainly post any apps I find that fit these criteria as well!

my 3 and 5 yr old loves plant vs zombie... sigh

Word with Friends is what I am going to put on for me as i have many friends that uses that app.

A good app/game for all ages is doodle jump, I would also recommend scoops my cousins range from ages 2-26 years old (I have a lot of cousins) They all enjoy both of these games

my 2 yr old daughter loves Talking Tom. She thinks she found a friend that she can talk to and talk back to her. Try it; its free.

Word with Friends is what I am going to put on for me as i have many friends that uses that app.

I have that app, it seems cool but I need more people to play with. I should get your info and hook up with your friends that play. I don't know that many people with iphones/pads/touches and my husband is NOT a word game type of guy.

Don't know of any toddler game but for you froggyjump, angry bird, & scramble 2.

On the entertainment side, my four year old is a huge fan of Angry Birds, Skee-Ball, and Paper Toss. I need to keep an eye on him and help him when he gets stuck, which is a lot, so you can't hand him the phone and leave them.

On the educational side, the best things I've seen are Monkey Lunch Box and "Feed Me!". I have yet to find a flash card app that he has much interest in.

I also highly recommend (and full disclaimer - I wrote this one so I may be biased) "TimeZup!". It's a countdown timer for kids that calls out the minutes leading to a big spectacular finish when time is up. It's specifically for times like bedtime or when they have to leave the park - something that might cause a tantrum. The idea is to give your little guy a chance to prepare emotionally for the upcoming transition.

Let me know if you would like to try "TimeZup!" and I'll get you a free promo code.

Let me know if you would like to try "TimeZup!" and I'll get you a free promo code.

Yes! I would love that. My daughter will be 3 in September and this would be very helpful in a variety of situations. Just IM me if you don't want to post it here.

some of te cooking apps are also useful and another one for kids is doodle buddy a drawing app

Just tried a new app for my 2 year-old son called "Calm Baby". It has videos with music that he seemed to enjoy. Going to the supermarket tomorrow, so we'll see if it gives me any relief there.

On the entertainment side, my four year old is a huge fan of Angry Birds, Skee-Ball, and Paper Toss. I need to keep an eye on him and help him when he gets stuck, which is a lot, so you can't hand him the phone and leave them.

On the educational side, the best things I've seen are Monkey Lunch Box and "Feed Me!". I have yet to find a flash card app that he has much interest in.

I also highly recommend (and full disclaimer - I wrote this one so I may be biased) "TimeZup!". It's a countdown timer for kids that calls out the minutes leading to a big spectacular finish when time is up. It's specifically for times like bedtime or when they have to leave the park - something that might cause a tantrum. The idea is to give your little guy a chance to prepare emotionally for the upcoming transition.

This sounds great! I would like to try it. Would you send me a free promo code for it?