What's new

Recently reported iOS 7 iMessage failures could be fixed with a simple solution

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
13.10.01-iMessage.jpg

​
If you have recently upgraded your iPhone’s software to iOS 7 and have received some iMessage failures, then you should know you are not the only one. On Apple's Support Communities have started to appear multiple reports from iPhone owners who recently upgraded to iOS 7 and are experiencing issues with the iMessage service.​​

iPhone users have said on Apple’s forums that some of their iMessages are unsent, unreceived or sent incorrectly, which could be caused by a software glitch. Some of these issues date back to Sept. 18, when iOS 7 was released to the public, but even with the latest iOS 7.0.2 update, which went live last week, their frequency hasn’t stopped, which might indicate that Apple hasn’t found yet a way to fix this bug.

A temporary solution, also found by users themselves from Apple’s Support Communities, consists in the following procedure: disable iMessage in Settings -> Messages, reset the iPhone's Network Settings under Settings -> General -> Reset, then reenable iMessage. If it doesn’t work from the first time, try shutting down your iPhone for three to five minutes, as this has proven efficient for some users.

This method has been confirmed to fix the glitch for most iPhone users that are experiencing this issue, but there’s not yet a solution as simple for iPad owners. At the moment we’re not sure how widespread this issue is, but even a minor glitch can be very annoying. One can’t neglect the importance of a message conveyed at the right time.

What about you, our readers, can you confirm this issue? Have you been getting recently failures when using iMessage on your recently upgraded iPhone or iPad to iOS7?

Source: AppleInsider

No problems here. We have 2 iPhone 5. And 2 iPad 1 s and have no problems as of yet

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

I've had this very issue which caused a problem with the recipient...... Who, coincidentally is an idiot anyway

No problems here. I have a 5S and my girlfriend has a 5. Neither of us have had any problems with iMessage.

I've had the same problem for a few days , I believe it started ( At least for me) since the last update.
Above fixes have worked for me but have lasted about 24h .
So now , I send myself an IM a couple of times a day to see if it goes out or not . If it's stuck I reboot my phone .
I hope Apple will hurry up with 7.0.3 !

My daughter has this problem, she had the iphone 4, I have the iphone 5 and I'm not having any issues.

Mine is a 5, been fighting this since the 7.0.2 update.....

Now that you mention it ever since I updated to iOS 7.0.2 I've been fighting the same issue with my iMessage i've done every trick that there is in the book and what it all comes down to is iMessage works when it wants to it doesn't matter what I do

Now that you mention it ever since I updated to iOS 7.0.2 I've been fighting the same issue with my iMessage i've done every trick that there is in the book and what it all comes down to is iMessage works when it wants to it doesn't matter what I do

Oh I have the iPhone 5