What's new

Recent call list

Stag

Reaction score
I am looking for a number that I received a call from two weeks back. I know the time and date but the recent call list only goes back less than a week. Is there any way to search back further?
Any help would be appreciated
Stag

Maybe the older calls on your recents list were deleted? I just tried and my recents list goes back to last December.

Maybe the older calls on your recents list were deleted? I just tried and my recents list goes back to last December.

Thanks for the reply, I never delete any of my calls from my recent list. I had noticed before that my call list only went back a week or two, I am not sure why this is. Are there any settings that might have some affect on this list?

Didn't we have a discussion earlier this year that indicated the recent list only store something like the most recent 100 calls? Perhaps. OP has lots of calls.

Didn't we have a discussion earlier this year that indicated the recent list only store something like the most recent 100 calls? Perhaps. OP has lots of calls.
That's very likely the reason, then.

IPhone does just store 100 of the most recent calls so that's the reason, The OP should delete some of his list to make room.

Based on? Pertaining to this conversation?

Thats not much use if it only stores your last 100 calls. Why is there a limit on this. My last phone was a Samsung and you could go back months on the call list. Also it was possible to record calls which was very useful especially if not in a position to write down details like while driving. It seems a pity that some of the functions that are most usefull to business are not implemented with Apple. There are ways to record calls but none of them are that pratical as you have to call another number first, or cloud based. I am not plugging Samsung but they do seem to have the "Phone Calls" end of things covered much better than Apple, pity!

I have calls on my recents list that go back to my iPhone 4 (2phones ago) but I regularly weed out what I don't need. There are apps that record calls.

Hi Bear, can you let me have more info on how you managed this.
Thanks in advance.

I have kept the list under 100. I back up my phone on iTunes via my pc, not by wi-fi. When I transfer my stuff from the old iPhone to the new iPhone, via iTunes, it comes along. I have lost the occasional voicemail or recent call note but mostly it just happens.