What's new

Reason behind white iPhone 4 delay?

rorschach23

Reaction score
Ok, i went 2 talk w/ some1 @ my closest AT&T store about what kind of availability they had. He said they were getting some in on tuesday but it was 1st come, 1st serve. I then asked if any of them would be the white models or not, to which he replied "they had problems w/ those, the glass they used made the white get discolored so they were fixing it. They should be here by the end of July." Any1 know of any sort of truth behind this? I wanting the white model only & any help would be great. :home:

I hadn't heard that the people I talked to today at AT&T I asked bout the white model and they just simply said no they wont have any in at all. But nothing bout a problem with them in general.

the guy you talked to who works for at&t gets his info from the same places we do, the at&t reps who train them know as much as the supervisor at the customer service center which is what they are supposed to say to customers, that may or may not be the reason but I wouldn't confirm it as true cause some kid making minimum wage + commission said it was

the guy you talked to who works for at&t gets his info from the same places we do, the at&t reps who train them know as much as the supervisor at the customer service center which is what they are supposed to say to customers, that may or may not be the reason but I wouldn't confirm it as true cause some kid making minimum wage + commission said it was

it was the manager that i had talked 2.

Reason behind white iPhone 4 delay?

The Dharma Initiative?

dharma.gif

Well let's think about this...

What is white to apple?

it's their signature casing color and their own logo color.

furthermore why would a white iphone be delayed?

the black is obviously the most poplular color. therefore apple would produce more of those hindering resources availble to the white production.

Yellowing issues would be my guess same as the 3GS. Heat and white don't get along too well. They simply didn't have time to fix it before launch.

i again talked 2 some1 @ my closest AT&T store & was told that "they were told they will be sent by mid/late july, early august." I CANT WAIT!!!!! :home:

They are all suppositions and guesses. No one knows about upcoming releases at the Apple Stores anywhere at least not worth precision until maybe 30 mins before for most, "some managers" and the over-night team perhaps 12 hours. Too many leaks in the past were killing the element of surprise we have been so crafty at using as a marketing tool. By the time we knew, you guys knew too.

To the OP: Why don't you just order one in store so you don't have to keep going to check if they have any in stock, they'll simply just call you to tell you that your iPhone 4 that you ordered is ready for pickup, but if you're going to wait for the white one simply order it off of Apples website on the 15th O_O