What's new

RealPlayer Library to iTunes Library HELP

Techie_Mom

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. I don't even know how to tell if the 874 clips(6.61Gb) in my RealPlayer are the size they need to be to even transfer them over to my iTunes library.

Can someone help me with this please. I would be most greatful. This collection of music is only a 3rd of my CDs from the late 80s, 90s, and current.

Thanks sooooo much,

I guess my handle should have been Techie_Challenged_Mom..

In your library, you should be able to see the format type of he music or videos. I haven't used RealPlayer in years so I can't say for any changes, but I think you can convert the music to MP3 and the videos to MP4 or H.264. IIRC, you can choose from a dropdown menu of which device you want to convert it for. Then go to the source folder of where the music is stored (should be in the 'Music' directory of your PC)

Willerz2,

I managed to get some real time help, only to find out my RP had been corrupt and while I could see the music, I could not hear it or convert it.

So, it's back to individually uploading all my CDs to iTunes.

Thanks for trying to help.

willerz2 said:
In your library, you should be able to see the format type of he music or videos. I haven't used RealPlayer in years so I can't say for any changes, but I think you can convert the music to MP3 and the videos to MP4 or H.264. IIRC, you can choose from a dropdown menu of which device you want to convert it for. Then go to the source folder of where the music is stored (should be in the 'Music' directory of your PC)

Last edited:
WOW!! uploading to iTunes is sooo simply, fast, and way easier than I remember doing so to RP. Not sure why I bothered soo much with RP. I could get this done in a few days. SWEET!!

Not sure why I bothered soo much with RP.
I was wondering that myself! :)

It's been a few years since I last used RealPlayer, but I always hated it... iTunes might not be perfect, but I find it to be a hundred times better than RealPlayer.

I was wondering that myself! :)

It's been a few years since I last used RealPlayer, but I always hated it... iTunes might not be perfect, but I find it to be a hundred times better than RealPlayer.

The only pro I see in using RealPlayer is the fact that you can extract videos from some sites, and that you can convert formats. The converting portion's not perfect, and I tend to use SUPER to convert everything. The UI is a bit "bleh" in my opinion, they're trying too hard to impress by overstacking.