What's new

Really Need Help on Buying a Case

Regarding the Otterbox...I know some people swear by it because it's complete protection, but to me it takes away from one of the many things I wanted the iPhone for...the fact that it's small and thin. I want a phone with a case, not a case with a phone.

I agree about the otterbox being too bulky. My fiance got one and while it's great protection if he drops it out of his tractor trailer like he has with his Droid, it's not for me. I'm loving my Speck and screen protector combo, but I haven't dropped my phone since I got it 2 days ago either. The worst part about the Ottebox is that you can't dock it.

My recommendation is stick with what you want and if you can afford it, get the protection plan from Verizon. $11 a month is much cheaper than replacing the phone if something happens to it especially since damage can occur no matter what case you have on it, and a small price to pay for peace of mind.

mary0424 said:
Regarding the Otterbox...I know some people swear by it because it's complete protection, but to me it takes away from one of the many things I wanted the iPhone for...the fact that it's small and thin. I want a phone with a case, not a case with a phone.

I agree. I do have an otterbox defender for whenever I'm doing something vigorous outside or something, but for everyday I like the feel of the naked iPhone :D!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

lmk3472 said:
I agree about the otterbox being too bulky. My fiance got one and while it's great protection if he drops it out of his tractor trailer like he has with his Droid, it's not for me. I'm loving my Speck and screen protector combo, but I haven't dropped my phone since I got it 2 days ago either. The worst part about the Ottebox is that you can't dock it.

My recommendation is stick with what you want and if you can afford it, get the protection plan from Verizon. $11 a month is much cheaper than replacing the phone if something happens to it especially since damage can occur no matter what case you have on it, and a small price to pay for peace of mind.

That's something to be inspired by. Only having a phone for 2 days isnt enough. Just wait for that accidental slip when you forget where your phone is. It only takes a moment. I also believe you'll have to pay $160 for a replacement instead of the full retail price.

iCrank said:
I also believe you'll have to pay $160 for a replacement instead of the full retail price.

$160, really? We were told full price. Maybe I should have called you before I signed my contract :)

By the way, I should have mentioned that I was attached to my iPod touch for a few years long before I got the phone so I do know what happens when they're dropped. I think I got pretty lucky on more than one occasion. But it still hasn't sold me an Otterbox.

iCrank said:
I also believe you'll have to pay $160 for a replacement instead of the full retail price.

$160, really? We were told full price. Maybe I should have called you before I signed my contract :)

By the way, I should have mentioned that I was attached to my iPod touch for a few years long before I got the phone so I do know what happens when they're dropped. I think I got pretty lucky on more than one occasion. But it still hasn't sold me an Otterbox.

true. It all depends on the person. I like the otterbox. I had it on my blackberry last year and I like the design of the iphone 4 version. I've been lucky as well but I'd rather be safe than sorry. A scratch will destroy the feel and look of my phone.

It's all about your personal style and taste and how much of your phone your willing to hide and how much extra bulk you can tolerate. I swear by the Incipio feather...soft touch, protects the back and sides without touching the screen and adds extremely minimal bulk, but again...it's all about what each individual wants.

well on all my iphones i have had all otterbox. i prefer the Commuter Series cases because they offer great protection, and also have covers for the charging port and headphone port. when i was in the 3g and 3gs phase, i got a otterbox defender case. i liked it until i had to put it in my pocket, way to bulky, but it offers the most protection. i say go with the commuter and if you wanna be a lil cheap get the impact series, which offers more coverage than the other cases, for example it covers everything on the front side expect for the screen. btw they send out screen protectors with their products.

Hey guys I've been looking around for cases for about a week now and everytime I look around, my mind changes on which I want to buy because there are SO MANY different cases from all these different companies.

If you can suggest a case to me with the following criteria, that would be awesome

I'm looking for a case that:
- is NOT bulky!!!
- is NOT an attention grabber
- will protect my phone from a nasty fall
- wont break my wallet
- will fit with screen protectors on back + front
- really prefer a case that has a soft, rubbery interior with and a solid shell exterior
- and last, obviously a case that fits for verizon iPhones

I honestly recommend an otterbox defender. It might be a little bulky, but trust me when it hits the ground you will feel better knowing that your phone is ok lol. Oh and also if your happen to break your otterbox, they will always send you a free one to replace it. Cant complain there!!!!!

mary0424 said:

I agree. I do have an otterbox defender for whenever I'm doing something vigorous outside or something, but for everyday I like the feel of the naked iPhone :D!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

For some reason i dont know why, but i cringe when my iphone is naked and floating around. The glass gets crazy scratches

i have the otterbox defender while it is a good case. i am switching to something else because the belt clips has already ate of one belt and has started messing up my new gun belt.