What's new

Radio on the iphone

Yes download the app TuneIn from the market. It has radio stations from all over the world.

Yes download the app TuneIn from the market. It has radio stations from all over the world.

Agree. Seems like there are 2 versions: a free and a 99 cents app. Great ratings for both!

I also vote for tuneIN, it's the best of the best at the moment.

I use the tunin free version, very good it is to. I can check local radio stations for travel to miss any accidents, also when flying I can listen for any delays.

Top App

CP

The iPhone is a cell phone with an mp3 player, a digital camera, real time video, Google Maps, photo storage, email and internet access. Gee, it seems like this smartphone has just about everything anybody could want, that is . . . except FM radio.There used to be a time when the portable transistor radio was the only way a person could take their music with them wherever they went. Back in the day, this was a major attraction, because radio was king and everybody could get at least two or three stations whether they were sitting in the park, hanging out at the beach, or listening in while they were at work.

Tune In pro is good. But for some reason it cuts out on me.
The software 'buffers' the reception, if you loose signal for long enough say in poor reception the buffer empty's and it cuts out.

Try increasing the buffer in 'settings' to reduce this.

CP

that is . . . except FM radio.There used to be a time when the portable transistor radio was the only way a person could take their music with them wherever they went. Back in the day, this was a major attraction, because radio was king and everybody could get at least two or three stations whether they were sitting in the park, hanging out at the beach, or listening in while they were at work.

:)
I to am from that era of youth, in East London (UK) you needed a 7 transistor radio to be able to listen to 'radio Luxembourg' the only radio station that carried pop music from 7pm - but then it would fade in and out due to atmospherics.

Using internet for radio IMHO is far better quality with no interference from pirate radio stations that are experienced in built up area's with FM reception. I use my ip4 via bluetooth in the car and also on my motor bikes (via blue tooth headsets). It do cutout depending on signal strength/availability but I can live with that.

CP

I was using tuneIn for the droids, was good, but seems even better for the iphone... its a great app!!

I was using tuneIn for the droids, was good, but seems even better for the iphone... its a great app!!

Are you using the free version or the "paid" version?

Does anyone know what the diff is between the two?