What's new

Quick tips & tricks.

dmoskaluk

Reaction score
Back tap to Screenshot

Since iOS 14 it's been a lot easier to so a screenshot ( bettrr than a sequence of button pushes, once it's set up. It worked well on my 8+ and also on my iPhone 12 and is great for putting screen images in 'photos' to attach in forum posts.

Settings-Accessibility-Touch
Scroll to bottom & select 'Back Tap'
Select 'double or triple tap' as desired
Select 'screenshot'

Now when you double or triple tap the back of the phone near the ļ£æ logo a screenshot will occur.
This should work with or without a case on the phone as long as the case isn't so robust as to be totally blocking the tap.

Thanks, Iā€™ve been using this for a while now, and I find that I use a ā€˜triple tapā€™ for a screenshot, as I was getting too many accidental screenshots with a ā€˜double tapā€™. And I now use the ā€˜double tapā€™ for the Lock Screen.

Good idea I changed mine just now to triple for the same reason. I've used double though for control centre ( actually I just reversed triple & double) for what they did.

Hi,

How do you double tap for screenshots? When I do a screenshot I hit the right side button and the up volume button at the same time for a screenshot

Back tap to Screenshot

Since iOS 14 it's been a lot easier to so a screenshot ( bettrr than a sequence of button pushes, once it's set up. It worked well on my 8+ and also on my iPhone 12 and is great for putting screen images in 'photos' to attach in forum posts.

Settings-Accessibility-Touch
Scroll to bottom & select 'Back Tap'
Select 'double or triple tap' as desired
Select 'screenshot'

Now when you double or triple tap the back of the phone near the ļ£æ logo a screenshot will occur.
This should work with or without a case on the phone as long as the case isn't so robust as to be totally blocking the tap.

Sorry to be a noob once Iā€™ve done in the settings how do I double tap for a screenshot?

Tap the back of the phone at the ļ£æ