What's new

Quick music question.

Chris951

Reaction score
I hear a bunch of people saying they have tens of gigabytes of music on their iPhone/iPod. Are you guys paying for all of these songs through iTunes?

I have an old 4gb iPod nano that's filled up but that was back in the limewire days.. I just can't get myself to pay for music especially because a lot of the music I like is very underground and can't be bought. I do know about torrents also and am very familiar with it but would like some other options.

So can you guys fill me in on good places to get music besides iTunes? If I get them from a different source, can they be imported to iTunes? And can I rip all my music from my old nano to iTunes?

I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

Chris

I'll re-open this thread, but no discussions of piracy. Only post legal sources for music or we'll be forced to close this thread.

darkstar2007 said:
I'll re-open this thread, but no discussions of piracy. Only post legal sources for music or we'll be forced to close this thread.

Ok I didn't know. I was really just wondering if people are paying for that 10gb amount of songs lol. I just haven't been in the tech scene for a few years and was lookin for some tips. Thanks

Chris951 said:
Ok I didn't know. I was really just wondering if people are paying for that 10gb amount of songs lol. I just haven't been in the tech scene for a few years and was lookin for some tips. Thanks

I've paid for about 5GB worth over the years.
I've met people who've paid for 20GB's of music in a short amount of time. Lol. I just buy music I really like and use Pandora for music I just like. :)!

Rhapsody has a $10 a month subscription plan for music. You get to download unlimited music for $10 a month. The only bad thing is you don't actually own the music though.

darkstar2007 said:
I've paid for about 5GB worth over the years.
I've met people who've paid for 20GB's of music in a short amount of time. Lol. I just buy music I really like and use Pandora for music I just like. :)!

Rhapsody has a $10 a month subscription plan for music. You get to download unlimited music for $10 a month. The only bad thing is you don't actually own the music though.

WOW! I'm just gonna have to stick to pandora and YouTube then lol.

Chris951 said:
WOW! I'm just gonna have to stick to pandora and YouTube then lol.

That's the cheapest options. Lol!
Pandora really works well with my Pioneer in-car stereo system. I just connect it through Bluetooth and it plays beautifully. The ads stink, but I don't use it enough to justify the $4 a month ad free version. :D

YouTube is great too. Too bad there isn't a playlist option for YouTube (that I know of).

darkstar2007 said:
That's the cheapest options. Lol!
Pandora really works well with my Pioneer in-car stereo system. I just connect it through Bluetooth and it plays beautifully. The ads stink, but I don't use it enough to justify the $4 a month ad free version. :D

YouTube is great too. Too bad there isn't a playlist option for YouTube (that I know of).

My car doesn't even have a radio lol. I put in Polk speakers all around but haven't put a deck in yet. And yeah I'll just stick with pandora I guess lol

Chris951 said:
My car doesn't even have a radio lol. I put in Polk speakers all around but haven't put a deck in yet. And yeah I'll just stick with pandora I guess lol

I bought my unit online. It's a Pioneer in dash DVD player unit. I got a great deal on it. Lmao.
I've gotta listen to music on the go man. I can't stand riding in silence (Unless it's a pretty day out and I just wanna hear the exhaust on my pick-up). :)

darkstar2007 said:
I bought my unit online. It's a Pioneer in dash DVD player unit. I got a great deal on it. Lmao.
I've gotta listen to music on the go man. I can't stand riding in silence (Unless it's a pretty day out and I just wanna hear the exhaust on my pick-up). :)

Nice! Yeah I have a 91 mustang 5.0 with a full exhaust so I listen to that lol. Once I get a job I'm just gonna get a cheap kenwood. Or I might go all out and get a super nice one to compliment the Polk speakers. I'm ok with listening to my flowmasters for now though :)

Chris951 said:
Nice! Yeah I have a 91 mustang 5.0 with a full exhaust so I listen to that lol. Once I get a job I'm just gonna get a cheap kenwood. Or I might go all out and get a super nice one to compliment the Polk speakers. I'm ok with listening to my flowmasters for now though :)

That's what I'm equipped with. :)!
Hooker headers, K&N cold air kit, and 40 series flowmasters(with the catalytic converter cut off). :)!

Makes my 1994 Chevy C1500 sound mean. Lmao!
I love the way a mustang sounds. Very distinct and aggressive. I'd prefer a Cobra over a camaro/trans am any day.

Wal-Mart has a few great deals on head units. They have a Pioneer unit with iPod/iPhone integration via a USB port for $84 dollars. :D

darkstar2007 said:
That's what I'm equipped with. :)!
Hooker headers, K&N cold air kit, and 40 series flowmasters(with the catalytic converter cut off). :)!

Makes my 1994 Chevy C1500 sound mean. Lmao!
I love the way a mustang sounds. Very distinct and aggressive. I'd prefer a Cobra over a camaro/trans am any day.

Wal-Mart has a few great deals on head units. They have a Pioneer unit with iPod/iPhone integration via a USB port for $84 dollars. :D

YUP! I got bbk shorty headers, catless x-pipe and flowmaster 40's with turndowns before the rear axle. I'm gonna put some spintech super prostreets on soon though. Its also got ported stock heads and intake with a beefy cam, lowering springs, rear upper/lower control arms, 3.73 gears, and a cold air intake. It ran a 12.9 at the drag strip a couple months ago. And yeah mustangs are my favorite cars. Can't get better than a nice 5.0 lol

Wow that's pretty good! I try to steer clear of Walmart electronics though. I have the worst luck lol.

Chris951 said:
YUP! I got bbk shorty headers, catless x-pipe and flowmaster 40's with turndowns before the rear axle. I'm gonna put some spintech super prostreets on soon though. Its also got ported stock heads and intake with a beefy cam, lowering springs, rear upper/lower control arms, 3.73 gears, and a cold air intake. It ran a 12.9 at the drag strip a couple months ago. And yeah mustangs are my favorite cars. Can't get better than a nice 5.0 lol

Wow that's pretty good! I try to steer clear of Walmart electronics though. I have the worst luck lol.

Nice! That time is on par with the 2003 Mustang Cobra SVT!

I had a 350 in my pick-up, but I pulled it and took it to a local machine shop to bore the cylinders 40 over and now I have a 383. :D

My truck is an extended cab with a step side bed. So it's not a dragster lmao.

We don't have a 1/4 mile drag strip near us, but I got a 9.7 on the 1/8 mile in my hometown, Huntsville Al. That's pretty good for this 5,400 pound truck. Lol!!

I mainly did it for the gain in torque. It makes towing a breeze. The main problem I had was making my TBI spit enough fuel out to power this motor. I wound up getting a throttle body from a 454 and the fuel pump from it. I had my on board chip custom flashed to work with all of the new equipment. Runs great now! I believe I'll have this truck for life. It was my first vehicle and I started working when I was 15 so I could buy a vehicle when I was 16. Well, seven days after my 16th birthday I found this pick-up and fell in love. I'm almost 23 now and I have absolutely no intentions in selling it. Although I'm looking into buying a newer pick-up to keep the miles off this one. Plus I need better gas mileage. This motor killed my 18MPG I was pushing with the 350. I only get 14MPG at best now. Lol.

I wouldn't think it'd make a difference coming from wal-mart. Pioneer still made it. :p!

Nice dude! That's a pretty good time for a heavy pickup truck lol.

I'm 20 and this mustang is my 4th car I've owned and my 3rd mustang lol. My first car when I was 16 was a black 87 mustang 5.0 5 speed. I had that for a little over a year and sold it and bought a fresh painted metallic darkish blue 91 s10 blazer four door with an edelbrock 350 tbi crate motor and turbo 350 transmission. It was a rocket! It had an air gap intake manifold so I put on a 3 inch cowl hood on it. And it was lowered really low on chrome 20" rims and all the door handles were shaved off so it had door poppers. That truck was SO sick! I got it right when the gas prices shot up to over $4 a gallon though a couple years ago. I was paying $100 to fill the tank, got 8mpg, and I was driving almost 100 miles round trip to work a day. It was ridiculous so I had to sell that. I only had it for like 2 months lol. Then I got a gray 88 mustang 5.0 5 speed for dirt cheap, I think I got it for $1700 cuz the paint was super faded and it needed a lot of little things and had 200k miles on it haha. I ended up fixing everything. Then I tore the engine apart and put some rebuilt 93 cobra heads and 93 cobra intake manifold on it in my driveway. And put a super nice exhaust on it along with some 4.10 gears. I ended up selling it about a year ago and drove my moms yellow ford focus until a few months ago when I bought my current mustang. I've never owned a car without a v8 haha

I know, just something about Walmart makes it seem like crap to me lol.