What's new

Question for iphone4

keersee

Reaction score
im been planning to buy iphone 4 here in philippines but im curious about the word the say it should be "factory unlock" i dont know what they mean...

what is the difference between "Network lock" and " Factory Unlock" can anyone explain this before i can get one ???

thanks in advance

Locked just means you need to stick to the wireless company you bought it from. Unlocked means you can go with whoever you choose.

a number of countries have them factory unlocked but are a lot more expensive, though worth it.

a number of countries have them factory unlocked but are a lot more expensive, though worth it.

the prices have came down on the factory unlocked phones. I can get an i4 16gb factory unlocked for $ 730-750 which is pretty good deal.

it is very good deal but compared with prices like 199 or 299 to get it locked there is still a huge difference, though i would rather pay extra and have it factory unlocked, like i did :D, i paid 942.407 USD for mine but to be fair in english pounds it was 599 lol

Last edited:
Locked just means you need to stick to the wireless company you bought it from. Unlocked means you can go with whoever you choose.

Factory unlocked? means? "Open line = Any network provider??? "

whoever you choose??? means Network Provider here in Philippines??? because here in philippines we have different Network Provider here like SMART Network/GLOBLE Network ... etc...

is this different "Factory Unlock" and "Jailbreak" ?

thanks for the reply

Factory unlocked? means? "Open line = Any network provider??? "

whoever you choose??? means Network Provider here in Philippines??? because here in philippines we have different Network Provider here like SMART Network/GLOBLE Network ... etc...

is this different "Factory Unlock" and "Jailbreak" ?

thanks for the reply

its completely different its like if i say to you, orange and car are the same thing.. ;p

factory unlocked means you can use any sim world wide and you can upgrade firmware with no problems and the iphone wont lock up...

now jailbreak is completely different it means you are able to install any application or game that might not have been approved to go into the app store for what ever reason it opens the phones wings and lets you install and do what you want. now if your phone is locked and you need to use another carrier you can use an unlock tool to open it to any network but with this method when you upgrade firmware you lose the unlock.

now i know... so i need to buy factory unlocked??

one more question is it factory unlocked by whom? by apple? or can any tool or software can make the factory unlock... is it possible???

thanks for the reply.... i learn a lot :D

now i know... so i need to buy factory unlocked??

one more question is it factory unlocked by whom? by apple? or can any tool or software can make the factory unlock... is it possible???

thanks for the reply.... i learn a lot :D

well for me because there is no official iphone carrier here i have to have it factory unlocked, but if your country sells the iphone 4 with a carrier you can get it from them and it will probably be locked to their network . ie you can only use it with that carrier and no other sim card.

there is no way to make the iphone factory unlocked other wise people would just buy it cheap from a carrier and make it unlocked. but you can buy it locked and unlock firmware but when you upgrade it will lock again until there is a new unlock tool. it is unlocked by apple and in certain countries, but its easy to buy one unlocked. a lot of people just buy it in america locked to att then rely on unlock tools to unlock each firmware because they save lots of money,, imo if your country does not carry the iphone i would get it factory unlocked and even if you plan to use more then one carrier i would get it factory unlocked its worth the extra money

Thanks Man!

i ask a friend a minute ago , he said there one with factory unlock but a little expensive with the lock one...

thanks again... now i can decide to buy the locked or unlocked ....

Thanks Man!

i ask a friend a minute ago , he said there one with factory unlock but a little expensive with the lock one...

thanks again... now i can decide to buy the locked or unlocked ....

yep exactly as i said ;) so what are you going to buy?

i think the factory unlocked.... is there any prblem if it is factory unlocked and jailbroken???

thanks

i think the factory unlocked.... is there any prblem if it is factory unlocked and jailbroken???

thanks

One more thing! how can i know if it is the iphone 4 is jailbroken and Factory unlocked?.... is it describe in the box?

how can i check it in the phone?.... what are the sign? what are i going to see??

sorry for the english

thanks

One more thing! how can i know if it is the iphone 4 is jailbroken and Factory unlocked?.... is it describe in the box?

how can i check it in the phone?.... what are the sign? what are i going to see??

sorry for the english

well if its jailbroken it will have cydia on the spring board, and the phone being factory unlocked you could check to see if its on 4.1 and the latest firmware, since there is no unlock for the new baseband released to public if it is ont he lates version you can put another sim and if it works then its factory unlocked, put any sim other then the one thats in there.

but if you see cydia and you see a earlier firmware and baseband its most likely unlocked with ultrasn0w, there are ways to tell

thanks

sorry for the english

well if its jailbroken it will have cydia on the spring board, and the phone being factory unlocked you could check to see if its on 4.1 and the latest firmware, since there is no unlock for the new baseband released to public if it is ont he lates version you can put another sim and if it works then its factory unlocked, put any sim other then the one thats in there.

but if you see cydia and you see a earlier firmware and baseband its most likely unlocked with ultrasn0w, there are ways to tell

you said " if its jailbroken it will have cydia on the spring board" is this possible if you buy new one in Mac store? i mean brand new? possible have cydia?

what do i expect whe i buy in singapore? regarding Jailbroken and unlocked?
is it possible if you bought 1 and its already jailbroken???

thanks sorry for english