What's new

Question about unlocking iphone

moondice

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me if my iphone 4 can be unlocked to use with boost mobile monthly unlimited service? I have an iphone 4 that had a two year contract that i got from at&t

moondice said:
Can someone please tell me if my iphone 4 can be unlocked to use with boost mobile monthly unlimited service? I have an iphone 4 that had a two year contract that i got from at&t

You can request a free unlock from AT&T if you have a contract still .

the thing is I don't have a contract anymore...lol Is it still possible to unlock without the contract?

You'll have to spend a few dollars to unlock it through it's IMEI, commonly known as a factory unlock. You can buy these services on eBay or ApplenBerry. It's recommended that you get it from a carrier since you can follow up and keep beating at them until it gets unlocked if you have to. Or, you can use an interposer like the Gevey SIM if your iPhone's specs meets the requirement.

thank you. I know a person who is willing to unlock it for me for 25 dollars. Is that all i need to do is give him the iphone 4 or am i going to need to purchase anything else?

You can get it for 5-10$ on eBay. The unlock is not immediate because it does take time to contact the global whitelist that your IMEI is going to and add it onto it. It normally takes at least an hour and at most 24 hours. Plus, you'll need to restore your iPhone before your unlock is in place because it's verified with Apple when restoring with iTunes.

Hey im also having trouble unlocking my iphone that i bought recently , my problem is i dont know what carrier its on , when i use redsnow to identify info it hasnt got the cfbundlename parameter