What's new

Question about backing up and restoring iPhone

Isa Al

Reaction score
Hello

Tomorrow I will receive the iPhone X and I want to back up my current phone to iTunes and restore it on the new phone. But I just have a question.

When I back up and restore I usually make my iPhone on airplane mode, but I am wondering the Whatsapp messages I receive while restoring my data to the new iPhone will be received to the new or old phone? if I keep the internet off on the older phone?

I usually used to do the back up in mid night when no one talks to me so I wouldn't care, but now I am in a different time zone due to traveling and I have to do the back up and restore while people are messaging me.

So anyone tried it? Because I don't think Whatsapp works on both phones

If the internet is off on your old iPhone, there will be no WhatsApp messages received until your iPhone X has finished being restored from the backup of your old iPhone. If you are worried about missing any messages, keep your old iPhone online during the setting up of your new iPhone X.

If the internet is off on your old iPhone, there will be no WhatsApp messages received until your iPhone X has finished being restored from the backup of your old iPhone. If you are worried about missing any messages, keep your old iPhone online during the setting up of your new iPhone X.

But usually for sure the new messages are being received on the new device?

Yes, you will receive the messages on the new device, as soon as you’re logged in, and the phone number is verified.