What's new

Purchase a new Smartphone between 11/26/2010 and 01/10/2011 But now want an iPhone?

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
Your in luck!

www.verizonwireless.com: iPhone 4 FAQ

I just purchased a new smartphone during the holiday season, but if I knew that iPhone 4 was going to be available soon I would have waited. What are my options now?
Current Verizon customers who purchased and activated new smartphones, feature phones or certified pre-owned phones between 11/26/2010, and 01/10/2011, are eligible to receive up to a $200 Visa debit card when they purchase an iPhone 4 at full retail price by 02/28/2011 and return their existing phone. Note: This offer is only available on consumer accounts with five lines or less, who are purchasing iPhone 4 through Verizon Wireless retail stores, telesales, or through verizonwireless.com.

Thats not it! If your like me and always get an annual upgrade every year, Verizon will waive the $20 early upgrade fee with the purchase of an iPhone 4 ONLY!

If I’m an existing Verizon Wireless customer and I’m eligible for an annual upgrade, will I have to pay the standard $20 early upgrade fee to purchase iPhone 4?
No, if you are currently eligible for an annual upgrade, the standard $20 early upgrade fee will be waived for customers purchasing iPhone 4 until the end of March.

so when "returning" their recently purchased smartphone, will they also get the trade-in value of that phone on top of the $200 visa?? because that would make it worth it.. otherwise you get nothing for the phone, and you would be better suited selling it on ebay and banking more than $200 towards your iphone.

Yeah this is one of the worst deals I've ever heard of. You most likely paid roughly $200 contract price for a brand new phone... now they're saying "hey guess what? you can return it, we'll give you the $200 back, and you can buy the iPhone at full retail price!!!"

Uhhh... what? How is that a deal at all? People are stupid if they do this. You can sell most current smartphones for much more than $200 on eBay or craigslist.

Exactly, although most people either don't know they could sell it themselves, or they see $200 advertised and think it's a great deal. The iPhone is going to cost what, $500-$700 off contract?