What's new

Problem with yahoo account in Mail app

ardchoille

Reaction score
I've had my gmail yahoo mail and aol mail all in the Mail app since before the iOS 7 upgrade. After the upgrade the Mail app shows 3 email messages for the yahoo mail account but that account is empty - I've checked every folder there. I can remove the yahoo mail account and re-add it and the problem is resolved, but each time I receive a new email message the problem is back and the new app icon badge shows the previous count plus the new message even though I've deleted them all. I've even gone to the yahoo mail site in a web browser and made sure there aren't any messages in any of the folders.

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to resolve it?

Have you tried looking at your account on a desktop? A few months ago my "Notes" suddenly disappeared from my phone and I didn't know where they went. I didn't realize they were assossiated with my Yahoo account. I went to my account on a desktop and there they were in a "notes" folder. Not saying that is what's going on, but you may find something hidden easier on a desktop version??

Have you tried looking at your account on a desktop? A few months ago my "Notes" suddenly disappeared from my phone and I didn't know where they went. I didn't realize they were assossiated with my Yahoo account. I went to my account on a desktop and there they were in a "notes" folder. Not saying that is what's going on, but you may find something hidden easier on a desktop version??

I thought of that and set Atomic web browser to be detected as "desktop Safari" and checked my Yahoo account. I don't see any problems there. Good idea, though, many people don't think to do this.

Oh hello...I just reread your original post and saw that you looked at it in a browser. Oh well. Let us know when you find out. Saw on the iOS7 thread that someone has over 1500 badge count for one of his email accounts! Yikes!

1500 on the icon badge? Wowsers, someone has some work to do!

1500 on the icon badge? Wowsers, someone has some work to do!
know what you mean i did the same thing the bad part i had to go through what i needed saved and what was trash so took me a week about the week part is that 30 minutes to an hour a day haha good luck on that bud