What's new

Problem with Home Screen Dialing app after ios7 install

Biker53

Reaction score
I have used an app called Face Dialer for my iphone 5. It puts an icon on home screen and when pushing it connects with the Face Dialer website and calls number. It has worked great and avoids doing a couple clicks to get to favorites. Essentially it's a speed dial from my homescreen. After upgrading to ios7 over the weekend I hit the icon and the screen goes black. I re-installed the app and doesn't seem to ping the Face Dialer website to set up the ongoing link. I downloaded a similar app from a different company (Face Button) which uses the same technology...i.e. linking to their website and dialing. Turns out that the screen goes blank when I hit the icon. Makes me think that something in the security or Safari is blocking the action that has worked with the old operating system. Interestingly, the Face Dialer tech person said she'd downloaded ios7 onto her iPhone 4 and had no issue. Any thoughts? Thanks

Only thought is the app itself hasn't been updated to meet the full needs of ios7 on an iPhone 5 or higher. Strange that the iPhone 4 works with it tho.. I still suspect it's the app itself not being "ready"