What's new

problem with front camera

ilovemyiPhone4s

Reaction score
Sometimes when i use my front face camera,it suddenly starts flickering,or worse it can become TOTTALY black,like a tv that doesn't work.Well I have seen the 1st problem(flickering) in other iPhones,but the black is really strange .When I switch to the rear camera and then switch back to the front camera it works perfectly again but the problem can be back sometimes.Is this a common issue or is it something wrong with my device and I should worry?

Try holding the home/power buttons till the phone turns off and restarts. See if that help.

Maybe the problem is a faulty connection to the camera? Is your phone still under warranty? In any case you may want to make a Genius Bar appointment at an AppleStore, where they can determine the cause of the problem.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Last edited:
thanks,I will :) but I just wonder if it's my device or it can happen in general

ilovemyiPhone4s said:
thanks,I will :) but I just wonder if it's my device or it can happen in general

If it's a software problem it could affect other phones. If it's a hardware problem, yours may possibly be the only phone affected.

Maybe the problem is a faulty connection to the camera? Is your phone still under warranty? In any case you may want to make a Genius Bar appointment at an AppleStore, where they can determine the cause of the problem.

yes it's still under warranty!
check it out,that exactly happens with my device

Last edited by a moderator:
ilovemyiPhone4s said:
yes it's still under warranty! YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULk4blzi1mQ check it out,that exactly happens with my device

Looks like you have the same fault, then. Are you near enough to visit an AppleStore in person? Before you go, back up your phone to iTunes on your computer, then you can set up the replacement from the backup you made. If they agree to replace the phone, you can erase it right in the store by going to Settings>General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings.

I had the same problem some weeks ago and I managed to get my iPhone changed. I don't think it's a software issue or something like that but if you still have warranty, go ahead and change it. It worked for me.

Well,I went to the store and they told me it's normal for front camera to behave like this,because it's analysis is low.So when it comes to light,it becomes sensitive when it tries to focus on it and that's why it flickers!that's because of the light,not because of a camera's problem.it seems logic.isn't it?

Last edited:
One this is grain, which u will see in dark condition or low light situation. You can have changes in picture exposure due to ambient condition changes. Those are all normal thing, but if without any reason in same light condition camera changes, its hardware fault. .

One this is grain, which u will see in dark condition or low light situation. You can have changes in picture exposure due to ambient condition changes. Those are all normal thing, but if without any reason in same light condition camera changes, its hardware fault. .

no,it's not without any reason in same and it doesn't do it all the time.it just behaves strange in condition changes mostly.thank you! :)

Last edited: