What's new

Problem with an Apple App - Secret/Interval shot - Timer Camera

Regusto37

Reaction score
Hi,

LOADED TODAY THE FOLLOWING APP: SECRET/INTERVAL SHOT TIMER CAMERA

A. LOADING TO MY IPHONE 5s WENT OK, BUT:.

B. CANNOT CHANGE THE VALUES FOR:
- SHOOTING SPACING (UPPER ROW)
- SHOOTING SPACING (MIDDLE ROW)
- NUMBER OF SHOTS

TRIED STROKING AND TAPPING THE WORDS AND THE RESPECTIVE NUMBER VALUES. NO RESULT. ONE TIME I MANAGED TO HAVE SHOOTING SPACING (MIDDLE ROW) VALUE TO CHANGE AND EVEN TO "ROLL" WITH SOME CHANGING VALUES, AND THE SAME FOR NUMBER OF SHOTS VALUES.

IS THERE A REAL MALFUNCTION IN THE APP OR DID I SOMETHING WRONG?
MY OS: WIN 8.
AND - IS THERE SOMEWHERE A MANUAL OR TUTORIAL FOR THIS APP?'

PS: ACTUALLY, I FACED THE SAME PROBLEM WITH ANOTHER APP, NAMELY INTERVAL SHOT-TIMER CAMERA LITE.

KIND HELP NEEDED AND VALUED HIGH,
Reijo V.Alho
Finland

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Regusto37!

As far as I can see, the last update for the apps you mentioned was in 2012. This means the developer didn't improve the apps to get them working with iOS 6 onwards. This might be the reason for the problems you're experiencing.

Thank you.
Seems trusted on something “too old”.
Actually, I am after a interval timer app with following (minimum) freature:
Interval self timer for still pictures, that takes a photo at least with five minutes but preferably with much longer intervals, i.e. 30 minutes, 60 minutes, even hours.
Have searched in App Store (and even at other sites) with its numerous timer apps but seems that they have interval ranges only up to some 30 secs, in one case to 120 secs.
Lapse it apps are great and I have a role also for them (I use LapseIt App) but, as said, I’m in need of a still photo self-timer with maximum possible intervals.

Kind help and advice is valued,
by Reijo V. Alho

Take a look at "Timelapse Camera HD" ($.99, USD, with in-app purchases). Here's the link: Timelapse Camera HD on the App Store on iTunes

I know nothing about it and don't own it. But, the key phrase I noted in its description was "Time interval as little as a quarter second or as much as 24 hours."

So, maybe it'll work for your needs?

Marilyn

Thanks so much, Marilyn!
Installed the mentioned App. Seems to be just great.
However, still search also an app specially for shooting still photos with an interval timer - so that the result is a series of mere stills instead of a "merged" result, instead a timelapse video.

Reijo

Ok, then. Back to the Google... :)

So, how about this one: OSnap! • Time-Lapse & Stop Motion Camera by Justin Cegnar
OSnap Time-Lapse Stop Motion Camera on the App Store on iTunes

According to the description, "You can set photo-taking intervals anywhere from a quarter second up to 48 hours." There is a free version (with an upgrade option and some in-app purchases) and then a paid version ($3.99, USD, and some more in-app purchases).

Now, since there was a free version, I downloaded it and tried it out. I was able to set an interval and take some pictures. According to the app description, I would have been able to edit or delete some/all of the shots. Then, there is a button to either (1) save all the photos to the camera roll, or (2) make a video of the photos taken for that session.

So, I'm thinking that is what you want? Obviously, it's not cheap, but it does seem pretty easy to use (and it has good reviews)...

Marilyn