What's new

Problem need help,update to 4.1

Isostar

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

2 days ago i recieved my brand new iphone 4 with firmware 4.0.2 and baseband 1.59.00.
First thing i did was to backup my ShSh, unfortunately i was to late and Tiny Umbrella just saved the 4.1 ShSh, im trying now to update to the new firmware 4.1 using the TSS Server method, to avoid updating the Baseband, TSS Server is up and running, but when i click on restore at itunes and load up the 4.1 ipsw file, itunes get back to me with the famous 3002 error, ill checked allready the host file and i have all the permissons and it is not write protected, Ill also tried to connect the device in DFU mode also no luck.
Do i need to have the 4.01 and 4.02 SHSH previously saved by TU to update this way without touching the Baseband?
If so im out of luck i think, because apple is not signing these SHSH anymore. Right?
Hope you Guys can help me out with this, appreciate it.

you have to go to your proxy server and where is says gs.apple.com or whatever you need to add a "#" sign in front of that, when i used tiny umbrella i had the same problem in itunes saying that the update server was unreachable at that time i was ripping my hair out over a "#" -_-

you have to go to your proxy server and where is says gs.apple.com or whatever you need to add a "#" sign in front of that, when i used tiny umbrella i had the same problem in itunes saying that the update server was unreachable at that time i was ripping my hair out over a "#" -_-

Im not worrying about this problem anymore but when i was trying to use umbrellas servers, i was getting "the server is unreachable at this time" error and i had the #. So i still dont know why it never worked