What's new

Problem installing Dropbox.

Pensioner 84

Reaction score
I have Dropbox installed on both my PC and tablet (Nexus 7 ) but when I install it on Iphone5S it keeps taking me to a stage where I am supposed to then install it on my PC--where it is already installed. What am I doing wrong.

There's an iPhone app fo Dropbox. It's not possible to install Dropbox another way. Search for the app in App Store.

There's an iPhone app fo Dropbox. It's not possible to install Dropbox another way. Search for the app in App Store.
Thanks JA, that is what I was doing, it appeared to install OK but refused to open, going to this requirement to install on my PC where it was alreadyinstalled.

Could you post a screenshot of Dropbox when this happens?

You do this by pressing both Home and Power button at the same time. You'll hear a shutter sound, the screenshot will be in your Photos app afterwards. Then you'll be able to post it here, using "Upload a file", when you use a browser.

Which software is installed on your iPhone? The latest one for the 5s is iOS 8.3.

At the moment I can't imagine what is happening, sorry. I hope a screenshot will show what's going on.

Last edited:
Thank you J,A.,
I uninstalled it when I could not get it to work, now when I tried to install it, to follow your instructions it puts a different app on.
So thank you again for help, but I will leave well alone. I wanted it to transfer a couple of photos from my PC to the phone which I have now done by E-mailing them to myself.

If you try to install the Dropbox app again:
This is what it looks like
image.jpg