What's new

Pleasse guys,help me fast...About activation????

Pratt54

Reaction score
Now my plan about the iPhone 4S is that :-
1)I live in India,so was considering to get it shipped through one of dad's friends in U.S.
2)I heard about some activation issues.They say that you need to get your iPhone 4S activated in U.S. before getting it to India for jailbreaking and unlocking.
So I wanted everybody to tell me the activation process the 4S and also about what problems I will face during its activation..Tell me all the things I need to do to activate,jailbreak and unlock it........
Also should I buy it through Apple Store or AT&T Store to possibly minimize the problem....Guys,please help me through htis problem....Please reply...
Thanks in advance.....
A fellow Apple lover...

Last edited:
I think your best option is to buy a factory unlocked phone.

I am not an unlocking wizard but I'm pretty sure that when an ATT iPhone has an ATT SIM in it, that activation is not a problem. I would buy the SIM.

I am not an unlocking wizard but I'm pretty sure that when an ATT iPhone has an ATT SIM in it, that activation is not a problem. I would buy the SIM.

Well,the SIM Card I saw on Amazzon.com is a prepaid card and cannot be used for activation........Also zig9449,I didn't understand what u said...explain clearly..

Pratt54 said:
Well,the SIM Card I saw on Amazzon.com is a prepaid card and cannot be used for activation........Also zig9449,I didn't understand what u said...explain clearly..

As far is I know......as long as you have the AT&T sim card in the phone then it will activate. That is all I was saying.

I Assume this because I know there are guides on the web for "How to Activate an iPhone 4 without an AT&T SIM Card".

So if there are guides all over the web for that....then the iPhone must have no problems activating with an AT&T SIM in it.

However a "prepaid" sim. I do not know about that. I would look that up.

"can iPhone 4 be activated with Go Phone SIM card". Something like that.

As far is I know......as long as you have the AT&T sim card in the phone then it will activate. That is all I was saying.

I Assume this because I know there are guides on the web for "How to Activate an iPhone 4 without an AT&T SIM Card".

So if there are guides all over the web for that....then the iPhone must have no problems activating with an AT&T SIM in it.

However a "prepaid" sim. I do not know about that. I would look that up.

"can iPhone 4 be activated with Go Phone SIM card". Something like that.

I am thinking of an iPhone 4S...not iPhone 4...so no offense...
The GO Phone thing doesn't quite work...
Also people need to have an AT&T SIM Card that has already been activated previously so that it can activate a new AT&T iPhone.....so a prepaid card won't help...