What's new

Please help me find one of my earlier back ups

Lillam75

Reaction score
Hi!

I discovered that I by mistake erased all of my notes by mistake since I suddenly had two notes of the same kind. I erased one of them and let the other one be. Then I discovered that all of my notes were gone! I hade very fond memories of the kind that I wrote funny things that my kids had said or done. I had an back up from August 27 so I managed to recover them and everything was fine. I made a new back up and now there gone again!

How can I get a hold of my earlier back up? I really hope this is possible! I had a lot of notes ;-(

Please help me, I don't know where to get help!

right click on your device in iTunes and select restore from backup. select the one you think has the notes. you can see all your backups also by going to preferences, devices, and it will show all backups made with all iDevices on that computer

I also write down what my 3 kids say and do... but not on a mobile phone. Too risky, as you discovered. Even if you don't erase something by mistake, you could lose your phone or have it stolen: bye-bye memories! Better to store it all on a PC and have regular backups to other sources.

SJ2571 said:
I also write down what my 3 kids say and do... but not on a mobile phone. Too risky, as you discovered. Even if you don't erase something by mistake, you could lose your phone or have it stolen: bye-bye memories! Better to store it all on a PC and have regular backups to other sources.

Why don't you have regular backups of your phone? With cloud services it's quite easy to make sure that at least your documents are safe if your phone is stolen. However iTunes still does a complete backup of your phone in minutes to your pc and you can back up that data to another disk that you can move offsite just in case something happens to your pc.

Make a habit of using tools like iExplorer to constantly back up your notes, voice recordings, calendar events, messages, etc. There's a free and paid version of it. All it does is it roots your iPhone/iPad/iPod so that you can manually backup whatever you want. As mentioned above, try to restore to a backup from early on.

Why don't you have regular backups of your phone?
Don't store anything important on it. Just music and apps mainly. Never felt the need to carry my life on something that can get lost or stolen.