What's new

picking up iphone today what ios can i expect

mach1man

Reaction score
Ok so I'm looking at picking up an iPhone today and I'm wondering what ios it would have on it out of the box.. I'm hoping iOS 8.1 or later so I can jailbreak

Ok so I'm looking at picking up an iPhone today and I'm wondering what ios it would have on it out of the box.. I'm hoping iOS 8.1 or later so I can jailbreak
Being as iOS 8.1.1 was released less than a week ago, it's likely that any iPhone you pick up today will have iOS 8,1 or earlier installed. iOS 8.1 is the latest jailbreakable iOS version. iOS 8.1.1 patches the Pangu jailbreak.

To be absolutely sure, you'll have to activate the phone in the store and check Settings>General>About>Version which will show what iOS version is currently on the iPhone.

It depends on where you're getting it from, when it was shipped, and how fast the stock has been flying off the shelf. A friend of mine picked up a 32GB iPhone 6 this afternoon and it came with 8.1.1. Being that 8.1 is still signing, he downgraded and Pangu-ed it (Yes, I just used it as a verb :p)

Yea I'm getting it tomorrow from best buy I ordered it offline and they are holding it in store. Hopefully it'll be on 8.1But if it is on 8.1.1 hopefully I'll still have time to downgrade it and jailbreak.

I did pick my phone up yesterday 11/24/14 at a best buy and it was on 8.1 :)