What's new

Photostream question

Supahrob

Reaction score
Heya!
Does photostream take storage space? What I mean is, say I take a pic and it uses 5mb space - if I have photostream on, since it appears to be a separate area or album or whatever, does it use an ADDITIONAL 5mb of space for the same pic?

Take care,
Rob

No, I don't think so. I believe that the photostream pictures are stored on the iCloud as you require the same iTunes account on each device that you are sharing with.

No don't think it does take up anymore space but it can be annoying to have you photos twice in two different albums tho.

If you want to clear them, make sure they are backed up and safe on your pc or mac then log in to iCloud.com. on your pc or mac.. click on your username in top right hand corner.... click advanced then hit reset photo stream,.... then... back on your iPhone, go into settings / photos / photo stream and turn it off... it will ask you to delete photos... hit delete then turn photo stream back on and your empty and back to square one.

Ben

Last edited:
Yeah - I just started thinking of it as an auto-backup solution for photos and videos. I could delete them from my phone, safe in the knowledge that they were in my photo stream ...would it work that way, or am I asking it to do something it can't do?

Take care,
Rob

icloud will store your photos and place them in your photo stream folder on your pc or mac ,.... I regularly manually move my photos from there to a designated folder safely on an external hard drive then delete my photo steams to save congestion.... as for videos iCloud can't store your videos taken from your iPhone so i manually import them to computer too regularly .... have too really as I have iPhone 4s only 16gb and the videos shot in 1080p are rather large!! and take up alot of room... don't know about mac but in windows set auto play to open iPhone and import videos when plugged in.