What's new

Photos keep coming back

Ineedanswers

Reaction score
My partner and I had a little tiff about a month ago when I saw that he had inappropriate photos of an ex on his phone. We deleted the photos and it came up with the little message that it was deleting from iCloud too. Fast forward to last weekend and he’s showing me something and I see the photos are back. We had a bigger fight and he went through deleted them all in front of me and then deleted them from the recently deleted album as well. I looked through his photos tonight and they were there again. I don’t think he’s redownloaded them from somewhere because they’re still in the old date/order on his phone. Is there any way he could be telling the truth and this is happening by accident?

Please no lecture about going through the phone. I know it’s unhealthy but this is killing me.

he went through deleted them all in front of me and then deleted them from the recently deleted album as well.
According to Apple if you delete them from the Recenty Deleted album you can't get them back .......

Delete photos permanently
If you want to permanently delete your photos or videos, you can remove them from the Recently Deleted album. When you delete a photo from this album, you can't get it back. Here's how to delete photos permanently:

1. Open Photos and tap the Albums tab.
  2. Tap the Recently Deleted album, then tap Select.
  3. Tap the photos or videos you want to delete, or tap Delete All.
  4. Tap Delete again to confirm.
Published Date: October 12, 2020

My partner and I had a little tiff about a month ago when I saw that he had inappropriate photos of an ex on his phone. We deleted the photos and it came up with the little message that it was deleting from iCloud too. Fast forward to last weekend and he’s showing me something and I see the photos are back. We had a bigger fight and he went through deleted them all in front of me and then deleted them from the recently deleted album as well. I looked through his photos tonight and they were there again. I don’t think he’s redownloaded them from somewhere because they’re still in the old date/order on his phone. Is there any way he could be telling the truth and this is happening by accident?

Please no lecture about going through the phone. I know it’s unhealthy but this is killing me.
I found this , it might help.

iCloud Photo Library is syncing your picture back automatically. Disable it, delete the pictures from iCloud and they will be gone if that is what you want.

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support