What's new

Photos, Docs, and Such

Terrapin69

Reaction score
I'm so used to Android storing, literally everything I need on my Google Drive - Saved a ton of space on my Moto X. I have about 1,000 pics loaded to my iCloud account yet my 5S still shows I am using 300MB - Is that referring to what I am using in iCloud or on the actual device? I don't need to store the photos in both locations.

Thanks.

A few questions, before we're able to answer:
What do you use to store your photos? Is it iCloud Photo Library, or somethings else?

Where exactly do you see the 300 MB usage? In Settings - iCloud - Storage - Manage Storage - Photos, or also in Manage Storage - Backups?
image.png

I'm trying to use iCloud for all photos. I see this on my 5S under Settings>General>Usage>Manage Storage>Photos and Camera

It reads 200MB

If all is on the cloud, shouldn't there be nothing there?

My manage storage under the iCloud photo library is 1.5GB - Backups are 87.5MB, Mail is 5MB

Thanks - Hope this helps

So how do I get all off my phone and onto the cloud
If you go to the link in J. A.'s post it explains that after you turn on iCloud Photo Library, your photos will upload to iCloud as soon as you have an active WiFi internet connection and your battery is charged.

You should be aware that as soon as you delete them from the Photos app, they'll also be gone from iCloud's photo library. It's possible to select "Optimize Storage" in Settings - Photos &, which won't take as much space as the original image, but the photos will still be visible on your iPhone.

iCloud syncs between Apple devices. This also means: when you remove a picture from your Photos app on an Apple device other than your iPhone, this will also happen on your iPhone and in your iCloud Photo Library.

If you wish to remove these images from your Photos app completely, you'll need something else than iCloud Photo Library to store them.

Thanks for all your help...The learning continues

You're welcome. :)

We all keep learning, as Apple introduces new features.