What's new

Photo Transfer App????

EWyatt

Reaction score
I'm just reaching out for the best photo transfer app for the iPhone4. I've seen some in the Store and they all look fine. My intent is to be able to transfer from the iPhone to the PC, and PC to the phone, if possible.

Note: a few specific apps are required to be installed on the iPhone AND the PC to transfer properly both ways. HOW can I install an app on a PC???? Thanks.

The "Photo Transfer" app from the apple store uses FTP to send pictures to your PC or Mac and to your iPad or iPod. You use your browser to upload or download pictures to your PC, Mac, iPad etc. No app required on you computer.

Thanks, poco... The app that I downloaded (and not sure if it's the one you're writing about) can only send photos from the iPhone to the PC, not both ways. It's called wifi Photo, it's free, and works well. I don't think there's an app that can transfer photos BOTH ways without some creepy app installed on the PC (which confuses me -- an "app" on a PC???).

The 'app' on the PC is more a program, like iTunes.

Personally I use dropbox. You do have to install the dropbox software on your PC but it does alot more than just pictures and you can access them from any PC you like. Unfortunately if you're sending photos from the iPhone to your dropbox (or any file) its one at a time at the moment... ;)

Thanks for the good info, gaz.... Really good info, which I will follow up on personally, i.e., Dropbox. And no worries on your use of you're! You're a stand-up fellow to put up with my occasional blather. I'll have a shot of Chivas Regal Scotch in your honor!

Thnx again for the Dropbox hint...