What's new

photo from phone to desktop

Peter N.

Reaction score
I have been uploading to Onedrive then downloading to desktop.
Without a third party is there an easier way to send photos from phone to another Windrows drive or location?
The cable is very awkward and time consuming.

Some flash drives that can be used on the iPhone as well as with the computer. You’ll also need the app for the flash drive on your iPhone.
Transfer the images to the flash drive, then connect the drive to your computer and store them there.

Online storage (iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Photos, ...) will work as well. Backup/load your photos on your iDevice to one of them automatically, so you don’t have to open the app every time you want to sync them to your computer.

Last edited:
That iPhone flash drive sounds good. I'll see about it and thank you.

Is this correct? I upload the photos I want on other drives or locations>from Onedrive I download to that drive.
I don't know how I can get all I want to upload in one click as they are apart and each has the upload icon by itself.

Sorry, I’m not quite sure: Are you trying to get the images from your iPhone somewhere else, or to your iPhone?

From iPhone to flash drive, external drive or C:\\ etc.
When I use the cable the photos are hard to find and some are not view able.
Although time consuming it seems using Onedrive as a vehicle, the exchange from one to the other is best but I am not very skilled with transferring photos. I dislike 3rd party.
Is this about the best way?

Getting the images to a flash drive is easy. You connect the flash drive to the iPhone, open the app that belongs to the drive, and usually you get the option to import photos from your iPhone.
I’m using an iBridge. All I have to do in the app, is select the pictures, and they are synced to a folder on the flash drive. It’s quite easy to get them from the flash drive to a computer afterwards.

iBridge, great to know. I'll be getting the flash drive for the phone and see how it goes. It sounds ez that way. It is much easier than OneDrive.
Thanks again.

Emailing is limited by size. Thanks for the idea though.

Getting the images to a flash drive is easy. You connect the flash drive to the iPhone, open the app that belongs to the drive, and usually you get the option to import photos from your iPhone.
I’m using an iBridge. All I have to do in the app, is select the pictures, and they are synced to a folder on the flash drive. It’s quite easy to get them from the flash drive to a computer afterwards.

>>I looked into the new iPhone flash drives that insert into the iPhone and have a 3.0 flash blade on the other end for the PC,but they are for better skilled users than I am.
May I ask, does a regular flash drive work with the i Bride app?