What's new

Phone will not ring !!!

rphillipchuk

Reaction score
Hi
Newbie here.... My daughter just gave me her iphone 6 plus....... I cannot get the ringer to work when receiving a call.... vibrate yes but no ringer YIKES !!!!!

If the problem your IPhone 6s Plus phone is not ringing check:
1) the control at top of phone on left edge is pushed down. You can push the control or post up and message on screen will appear telling you ringer is silent
2) in SYSTEMS go to sounds and check silent vibration is not turned on and ringer turned off
3) if ringer turned on check ringer sound type is ticked on EDITED

I love my IPhone 6S plus with 64 gigabyte memory because:
A) it has the large screen display
B) image stabilization to steady your aim while taking photos or video
C} ease of us
D) large memory to store hundreds of photos or movies

I used to sell mini-computers and software in the early seventies in a Western Canada while representing an American company with a Boston, Mass head office. The computers had 200 -500 megabyte memory and cost $20,000/ terminal
Moderation notice
This post has been edited by iPhoneForums staff in accordance with iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules
No email addresses

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...Back from the Cell Store with no solution !!!!!! I do get a notification sound when receiving an email but not the sound I want. I will add that I am using the Gmail App instead of the Mail App.

Is it possible to change the Notification Sound to a sound that I want ?

Ron

No, sorry. You can enable Sound for the Gmail app, but it's impossible to select a sound other than the default one.

Thanks, at least now I know..... I am a little disappointed but I will survive..........