What's new

Phone Problem

Scher215

Reaction score
Last night I got a phone call and when I answered it all that happened was silence.

I switched the phone to speakerphone and then I could have my phone conversation, however the speaker won't work in "regular" phone mode.

I have tried plugging in and unplugging headphones numerous times and that hasn't worked, the phone is disconnected from all bluetooth devices, I have turned the phone off and back on and it still is not fixed.

(I am currently restoring the phone, will update if that solved the problem)

My questions are, are there any other possible solutions I am missing? and when I take it in should I go to the Apple Store or to the Verizon store?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

UPDATE: Phone Restore did NOT solve the problem ... still won't work

Last edited:
Try a hard reset. Maybe your speakers got wet or something. Or probably cellular network signal being faulty. If not, then have it checked at an Apple store. Good luck!

Try a hard reset. Maybe your speakers got wet or something. Or probably cellular network signal being faulty. If not, then have it checked at an Apple store. Good luck!

What is a hard reset? Is that just the restore in iTunes?

I plan on going to the Apple store as soon as they open today!

On your iPhone 4 press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about ten seconds. After ten seconds you should see the Apple logo showing up.

Once your iPhone has been reset, if you have a backup of your data you can also restore it back to your iPhone. But be aware that all your data store after the backup on your iPhone will be erased if you restored.

**Although I believe the speaker issue is more of a hardware problem instead of an internal software issue. So I guess you really do have to get yours checked at an Apple store. But trying both options won't hurt! :)

What is a hard reset? Is that just the restore in iTunes?

I plan on going to the Apple store as soon as they open today!

A hard reset is: push and hold down the home and power buttons down until the screen of your phone goes black and come back on with the white Apple logo on it. As soon as you see the white Apple logo, you release both keys.

Back