What's new

Phone Link conundrum

wilhelm

Reaction score
Hello again! I recently got a new laptop, Lenovo Idea Pad 3, and during set-up it prompted me to link my phone, promising some neat conveniences I'd get to enjoy once I did. I thought, great! Won't that be handy... I excitedly clicked the let's do it option and this is what popped up in my face:
Screenshot 2022-09-27 015607.png

I tried to find a way around it but ultimately I found myself faced with another aggravating road block put in place this time by Microsoft. The anything but subtle declaration seemed to be, "Android users welcome, come on in and make yourself at home. iPhone users, no comment. Between the lines I read, "iPhone users, the phone link app is not compatible with your device and we're not sorry, we tolerate you using windows but we have no interest in accommodating you and your kind. We advise you to get an android device immediately."

From this I imagine my question is obvious but I will articulate it anyway: How can I link my iphone with this laptop pc so that the two devices can interact fully with each other, access each others files, etc... like what the phone link app offers to android users?

Last edited:
Hello again! I recently got a new laptop, Lenovo Idea Pad 3, and during set-up it prompted me to link my phone, promising some neat conveniences I'd get to enjoy once I did. I thought, great! Won't that be handy... I excitedly clicked the let's do it option and this is what popped up in my face:
View attachment 68665

I tried to find a way around it but ultimately I found myself faced with another aggravating road block put in place this time by Microsoft. The anything but subtle declaration seemed to be, "Android users welcome, come on in and make yourself at home. iPhone users, no comment. Between the lines I read, "iPhone users, the phone link app is not compatible with your device and we're not sorry, we tolerate you using windows but we have no interest in accommodating you and your kind. We advise you to get an android device immediately."

From this I imagine my question is obvious but I will articulae it anyway: How can I link my iphone with this laptop pc so that the two devices can interact fully with each other, access each others files, etc... like what the phone link app offers to android users?
Have you downloaded the latest version of iTunes on your laptop?

Have you downloaded the latest version of iTunes on your laptop?
I have version 12.12.5.8 is that the latest? I must admit I've never been much of a fan of itunes. But if it has an answer up its sleeve to this phone link question I'm all ears. Basically, I'd like to be able to send and receive texts on the laptop, which is apparently what's possible if I were an android user. Also, just generally the two devices networked so that they are fully accessible to each other with full permissions. I must admit, I have not been able to try the phone link app that is available with windows so I don't really know how great it is other than what I read in the blurb encouraging me to do it during setup.

So... how does itunes answer the windows prejudiced phone link app conundrum? Thank you for your help!

I have version 12.12.5.8 is that the latest? I must admit I've never been much of a fan of itunes. But if it has an answer up its sleeve to this phone link question I'm all ears. Basically, I'd like to be able to send and receive texts on the laptop, which is apparently what's possible if I were an android user. Also, just generally the two devices networked so that they are fully accessible to each other with full permissions. I must admit, I have not been able to try the phone link app that is available with windows so I don't really know how great it is other than what I read in the blurb encouraging me to do it during setup.

So... how does itunes answer the windows prejudiced phone link app conundrum? Thank you for your help!
Yes, you have the latest version.
ITunes on a PC can be used to synch the phone and organise the following:

Albums, songs, playlists, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and audiobooks

Photos and videos

Contacts and calendars

You can also create backups, but you will not have the same inter connection as with a Mac.

View attachment 68665

From this I imagine my question is obvious but I will articulate it anyway: How can I link my iphone with this laptop pc so that the two devices can interact fully with each other, access each others files, etc... like what the phone link app offers to android us

I am wondering if you also need ICloud for Windows downloaded?