What's new

Phone call volume problem.

TungstenGT

Reaction score
I have noticed on the 2 calls I received on my new iPhone 4, that the volume of the person calling me was almost imperceptible. I could barely hear what they were saying. I did not have earphones on, I just answered the call and could hardly hear what the caller was saying. Have I missed a setting, or something? The +/- buttons on the side did not seem to affect the volume for me when I tried them. Should I be looking at something in the settings? (I tried looking, but I didn't see a setting.)

I hope there is nothing wrong and it is just user error.

The + - adjust the volume of the call. Look at the display when adjusting to see how high/low it is. Sometimes it's just a bad connection and you can't get it high enough/the other person's phone isn't that great.

The + - adjust the volume of the call. Look at the display when adjusting to see how high/low it is. Sometimes it's just a bad connection and you can't get it high enough/the other person's phone isn't that great.
Thanks!

Edit update: It was the screen protector covering the speaker. Another forum suggested that might be it. When I removed it, I could hear just fine.

Last edited: