What's new

Password/Touch ID Protect single apps?

JohnPyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know that there's a few cydia tweak that let you Touch ID protect your apps and even more to password protect single apps/folders/control centre panes etc... But since there's no jailbreak yet for iOS 8 and I'm going to get an iPhone 6 Plus soon, I was wondering if there was any way to achieve this from the settings in iOS 8 or an app from the app store that allows you to password or touch ID protect single apps or entire folders... I think that folders is highly unlikely and probably there's nothing like this for unjailbroken... But I guess that there's no harm in trying eheh Thanks everyone

Hi everyone, I know that there's a few cydia tweak that let you Touch ID protect your apps and even more to password protect single apps/folders/control centre panes etc... But since there's no jailbreak yet for iOS 8 and I'm going to get an iPhone 6 Plus soon, I was wondering if there was any way to achieve this from the settings in iOS 8 or an app from the app store that allows you to password or touch ID protect single apps or entire folders... I think that folders is highly unlikely and probably there's nothing like this for unjailbroken... But I guess that there's no harm in trying eheh Thanks everyone
With the introduction of iOS 8 third party apps, for the first time, have the option to make use of Touch ID to sign into their apps. Apple Canada - iOS 8 - Developer

Last edited:
I see, I was afraid of that answer :( Thanks a lot anyway, you've been very kind, guess I'll wait for 6+ ios8 jailbreak eheheh :)

I see, I was afraid of that answer :( Thanks a lot anyway, you've been very kind, guess I'll wait for 6+ ios8 jailbreak eheheh :)
I've edited my post, which was incorrect. Third party app developers now have the option to include the ability to use Touch ID to log into their apps.
image.jpg

I believe you'll just have to wait for the apps to be able to lock apps with your Touch ID. I know a lot of apps are already implementing this so I'm sure you'll be able to do this

Although I'm not too sure about Apple made apps like messages or photos. It's highly unlikely that they will include locking apps made by apple

Sent from my iPhone