What's new

Password protect mailbox

ccm

Reaction score
I have an iphone 6s and would like to password protect an individual mailbox and have had no luck, on the web, finding how to do this. I have a large number of passwords on a password protected Excel spread sheet, on my PC and would like to have access to these passwords when I am away from my desktop PC. I was hoping that I could send an email to myself and attach a copy of the Excel worksheet then save it to a password protected Mailbox.

Does anyone know how to set up a password protected mailbox?

I don't want to password protect all of my mailboxes just the one containing the passwords.

If this is not possible I guess that my next best bet would be to get an iphone app for storing passwords. The only problem is that I would have to re-enter all of the password information from my Excel spreadsheet and this would take a looooog time. Does anyone have such an app they could recommend?

Thanks for your help.

Charlie

It may be easier to put them in a note and password protect it individually

zstairlessone
First I want to thank you for your reply and recommendation. I had researched using a password for notes but I was a little confused at how to set up and use that feature. It's my understanding that you set up a default password for all notes but you can elect to only password protect individual notes. ie, you don't necessarily have to password all of your notes. Is this correct. It appears you can also use TouchID in place of an actual password. Can you use the TouchID for the individual note you want to password protect?

Thanks again.

Charlie

First - yes one password for all the notes you protect

Second - yes you can select individual notes to protect

Open the note (I am going to assume you don't have a notes password yet) and tap on the little square icon in the top left corner, look on the bottom row and one option will be to lock note, tap it

You will be asked to create a new password to lock it

From now on you can also tap any other note and lock it with the existing password