What's new

OS5 & VW voice command issue

mamaliga

Reaction score
I just updated my iPhone 4 to os5 and I lost voice command in my Volkswagen. The phone connects, I see all my contacts but do voice command. Does anyone anything.

Thanks

I do not have that option since I do not have a 4s phone. Though I am still able to access my home number through my cars Bluetooth except all the contacts. Is there another issue?

NewdestinyX said:
You have to go into Settings-> General -> Siri and turn on Siri. There is no more Voice Control in iOS 5. It's been replaced by the Siri personal assistant.

Siri doesn't work in this case. I would either contact apple or read the owners manual. I have no experience with volkswagons.

NewdestinyX said:
What does what I said have to do with Volkswagons?? The poster was asking what happened to 'Voice Control' in the iPhone. I said it was replaced with Siri in 4S which is correct. ?!?

I still have voice control with iOS 5 on iPhone 4. Works exactly the same as it did in the iOS 4. Maybe something in settings is turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thanks for all of the responses about my Volkswagen voice control not working with my updated iOS5. But I found out that I needed to reload all of my contacts in my VW phone set up. I now have voice control in my car.