What's new

Options / Hopeful Improvements for Siri

philinpdx

Reaction score
I titled this thread Options / Hopeful improvements because for all I know maybe the options I'm looking for already exist but I'm not sure. First off, I like how I can ask Siri to Locate something like a business and then when I click on which of the listings Siri comes up with as results it brings me to what seems a generic 'google' contact after I click on the arrow. This then shows the phone number, address etc. which is fine. Where it stops short though is that if I'm going to Navigate and so I click on the address, then, I'm limited because I don't want to have to use the built in GPS that has no audio directions. I've downloaded Gokivo as a preferred GPS program for now and it directs me to with voice. So, my question or hopeful future Siri upgrade is this. Can I somehow customize Siri or the program that shows the contact so that if I click to Navigate it takes the address and automatically can switch over to the program I'm choosing to use for Navigation? Right now I have to just Copy the address field and then boot of Gokivo, click address and Paste in the address that Siri found. That's a number of wasted steps and if I'm driving (which I often am) then I might as well just type in the place I'm looking for and what good is the great work Siri is doing if I'm still having to do opening of program and copy & Pasting?

The other challenge in using Siri is often times she can't understand the words that I'm asking her to search for. Is that a way (or there should be) to tell her that I'm going to SPELL the word(s) out for her and then she can go into a listening to the letters I speak to help her better understand the word(s) I'm trying to get her to understand to search for?

This would be an amazing feature I think and I'm curious who else would agree with me. I mean who has had the experience of trying to tell Siri like 3 or 4 times to search for something only to give up because she can't understand no matter how clearly I try to enunciate?

Last edited:
Siri does not work w/any 3rd party apps except Wolfram Alpha. There are over 500,000 apps in the app store to expect Apple to be able to integrate all of the apps with Siri it wouldn't be released for another two years if we were lucky.

As far as being able to spell things out loud w/Siri your guess is as good as mine it's frustrating.