Options for iPhone in Japan and related questions

Eswi

New Member
Hello, thank you for reading!

I'll go to Japan for about a year and I want to use an iPhone there with constant online access for maps and such.

1. Should I buy one there, rent one there or buy an unlocked one and rent a card there? As far as I know the contracts with SoftBank are 24 months minimum but can be cancelled.


2. Is it true that a Japanese locked iPhone is automatically working unlocked outside of Japan, similar to the iPad, as speculated here:
tinyurl com/29kehkj [insert dot, formatting due to anti-spam restrictions]

In this case, I would keep it and sell it when coming back to Europe.


3. Is the online access available outside of the metropolises?


Thank you very much for your advise! I hope this was the correct place to ask.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top