What's new

Notes & iCloud

tibadoe

Reaction score
I use my iTunes to sync my 4s to my PC. But I do use iCloud to sync my Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders. I would like to sync notes to iCloud also but it wants me create a free iCloud email address. Why won't this work under my email address I use with cloud & iTunes currently? Don't really need another email address to keep track of.

If you want to use Notes with iCloud, you'll have to set up an iCloud account:

iCloud Notes uses your @icloud.com email account to store your notes. If you don’t have an @icloud.com email address, you can create one by turning on Notes in iCloud preferences on your Mac or in iCloud settings on your iOS device.
(Apple Support)

Does the account you're using have the option to use/sync notes?

...................Does the account you're using have the option to use/sync notes?

My regular email account that I am using now allows me to store all other app data but notes. When I click on notes under iCloud it says I have to create a iCloud account first. Don't really want to have to log into two iCloud accounts to see my iCloud info tho.

For the iPhone, there are also apps like Evernote that sync between operating systems. The software can be installed on Windows computers, and will sync automatically, just as an example.

If you have an Outlook account, you can also use Microsoft OneNote.

Last edited: