What's new

Noob..using iPhone with sprint

Welcome,

It depends what baseband version it's on.

Go to settings > general > about > modem firmware...

Is there a CDMA version of the Iphone other than the new Verizon one?

Sprint is CDMA (not GSM and SIM card) so I highly doubt you can, unless you have a China/Japan Iphone that has CDMA and GSM capability.

I have a Touch Pro 2 on Sprint ( Iphone 4 is comming) and it has both network capabilities, Sprint refers to such devices as 'World phone' because once out of NA/CD almost no one uses CDMA so you would switch to GSM and find the network Sprint buddies up with in that country.

Didn't realise sprint was CDMA. Since I live in the uk (all our phones have sims) I'm unsure what difference that would make...

Is there a CDMA version of the Iphone other than the new Verizon one?

Sprint is CDMA (not GSM and SIM card) so I highly doubt you can, unless you have a China/Japan Iphone that has CDMA and GSM capability.

I have a Touch Pro 2 on Sprint ( Iphone 4 is comming) and it has both network capabilities, Sprint refers to such devices as 'World phone' because once out of NA/CD almost no one uses CDMA so you would switch to GSM and find the network Sprint buddies up with in that country.

Where did you hear sprint was getting an iPhone?

Hope I wasn't part of the rumor, I was not indicating that I was gettin Ipoone on Sprint, I have poerted my number from Sprint to AT&T and will have my IP4 on AT&T later this week.

As the IP4 is now available on Verizon (CDMA) there is obviously an apple approved handset for CDMA, but as I found out with some previous smart phones, most Verizon handsets will not activate on Sprint.
I tried with an HTC touch, call up Sprint and give them the ESN (unique code inside a CDMA phone instead of a SIM card) from a Verizon device and they say 'not a registered device on our network' so it was back on e-bay.
I'm sure it would be the same if you. took the ESN from a Verizon IP4 and called up Sprint.