What's new

Noob to Apple and the forum

Rik756

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just bought my first Apple product; the black 16gb iPhone 4S. So far I am really enjoying it as a huge upgrade from the HTC Hero 6250. There are some super annoying things about it that I will ask about in another post but overall the experience has been a good one so far. I really love the speed of the processor and snappy transitions. Everything about the phone is just faster and smoother than the Hero.

I won't ever claim to be a die-hard windows guy but my only real electronics experience has come from building and overclocking my own gaming computers. I've built three of them over the last 10 years and while overdue for a new one, it will be a while before I do another one... Times are tough! The first one was Win95 and eventually upgraded to Win98 SE with Intel. The second one was XP on AMD, and the last one was Vista 64 on Intel. I have since gone back to XP on this one. The 8gb of RAM just wasn't worth the headache and bloat of Vista. If Macs were half the price they are and more compatible with all games I might be a Mac guy instead... Someday.

I don't know that I will have much to contribute as of yet but as a constant tweaker (always looking for more speed and user control) I look forward to learning a few things about the iPhone and maybe eventually sharing a few tips.

Thanks,
Rick

Edit Here:
It may or may not be of note that my phone is model # MD236LL running iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) and my carrier is C Spire in Memphis, TN.

Last edited:
G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to sharing a little and learning alot! Ok- If I actually have some worth sharing I'll always do so ;-)