What's new

Friday Morning Notebook

boyilikeu

Reaction score
[FONT=&#23435]I'm not much of a royals watcher and, as important as today's wedding appears to be to a lot of people, I had a difficult time generating much enthusiasm. I did set a DVR to pick up the BBC early morning feed. Then I rolled out of bed in time to see the main ceremony. (I am also at this moment seeing the couple wave to the crowd.) The best I can say is, some fancy show. There is indeed something to be said for pomp, especially spectacular high-definition pomp. The dress was tasteful. Done. And thank goodness for more advanced technology Acer Aspire AS5253-BZ602 Notebook 15.6" 2GB Memory 250GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6310[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]; I remember seeing the Charles-Diana wedding under more rigorous circumstances — no DVR, no HD.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]But, in the scheme of my television things, the wedding was far less important to me than last night's farewell to Michael Scott on "The Office." (Spoilers after the jump.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Which I quite liked. Michael's decision to be the Wizard of Oz bestowing gifts on his co-workers was a good touch, as was his avoiding the last big farewell. This fit in with the evolution of Michael I talked about in yesterday's post — and his panicky call to Holly told us one more time how much she stablizes himAcer Aspire AS5736Z-4826 Notebook Intel Pentium T4500(2.30GHz) 15.6" 2GB Memory 250GB HDD.[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]I misted up at his recommendation letter for Dwight, and smiled at their playing paintball after; Michael left Dwight with two good memories. The Jim/Michael farewell was also fine, and the way that Michael's leaving town included his taking off the microphone he has worn all these years.[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]As for the future of the show, not so sure. Yes, it will be funny. But I am already anxious to get past the Will Ferrell guest shot and settle into the more or less permanent new crew. (The more I think about it, the more I like Daryl as the new manager.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]Windows 7 Tablet PC 10.1" Intel N450 Mini Computer 2GB RAM 320GB HDD[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435]10.1" Multitouch Capacitive Tablet PC with Windows 7 N450[/FONT]
[FONT=&#23435] [/FONT]