What's new

Non-verified iCloud account deletion

Hidden Mickey

Reaction score
So my mother in law has an iCloud account that was not set up on her iPad and iPhone. In fact, she had set up both with bad emails. The iPad was fixed because it was a real email she has so she was able to get an email concerning lost password, delete that iCloud from the iPad and log into the correct one. Her iPhone has a false email of @ail.cpm, not even a real email company. The problem is you can't delete it because it says it's not verified and that it needs the password to delete and she doesn't know what the password is. Is there any way to delete this or would it require a complete restore? Thanks!

If it's used as iCloud ID, and she doesn't know the password, restoring won't help either. In that case, she can't do anything with it, it will stay locked by iCloud.

If she can prove that she purchased it (billing), she can take it to an Apple Retail Store. Maybe they can help with her problem.

She'll need the password. There no way to bypass that requirement. She won't even be able to erase the iPad and restore it without that password. If she's the registered owner of the iPad and can prove it to Apple, they may be able to help. She would need the original receipt for the iPad.

My question is, why the heck does Apple let you create an iCloud account with an email that's not really an email? So I can just type in anything and I'll now have a non-verified iCloud account and I'm stuck? That's essentially where we are with this.

Visit an Apple Store, tell them about the fake email address which hasn't been verified, take proof of the purchase with you. That's the only possibility left to get this solved.
You won't be able to sort this by yourself, and we can't assist, sorry!

Thanks for the info. I doubt my mother in law has a receipt and even if she did it would be back home out of the country, lol.