What's new

Nokia’s Here Maps App is, um, Here!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Nokia_here.JPG

We first heard news that it was on the way a few days back, and now AppleInsider reports that Nokia’s dedicated “Here” maps app has found its way to the App Store. The app is HTML5-based, and comes complete with offline capabilities. Also, and unlike Apple’s much-maligned (although some people actually quite like it, it must be said!) in-house iOS Maps app, Here also boasts voice-guided walking navigation and directions for public transport users.

“Maps are hard to get right,” Nokia’s Executive Vice President of Location & Commerce Michael Halbherr told AppleInsider, in possible a little dig at Apple. “But location is revolutionising how we use technology to engage with the real world. That’s why we have been investing and will continue to invest in building the world’s most powerful location offering, one that is unlike anything in the market today.”

Nokia also said that future updates will be bringing 3D capabilities to the app.

Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/here-maps/id577430143?mt=8

Source: Nokia's dedicated 'Here' maps app hits the iOS App Store

I've heard a lot about Nokia Maps. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to the Apple maps in iOS 6?

Just as a heads up to anyone that wants to use this app. Be aware that the App automatically includes you in their data collection, unless you tap the "Here" button at the bottom and uncheck "Help us improve".

Skull One said:
Just as a heads up to anyone that wants to use this app. Be aware that the App automatically includes you in their data collection, unless you tap the "Here" button at the bottom and uncheck "Help us improve".

Thank you for that! I feel data collection should be opt-in instead of opt-out.

Wow! I give my opinion about this app, Which sucks by the way! and my post gets deleted?!?!? probably my last visit here....

You might want to take a step back and relax a bit. Because I just checked your post history and this threads history. You never posted in this thread till today. Now you did post here http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...l-information-slush-cue-app-50048/#post258951 and gave a negative opinion. Maybe you confused the apps?

Looks like he got confused about what thread he posted in. db1561 don't go, it won't be the same without you. We love you even if you are a lions fan.