What's new

No voice on Apple maps

Vandesa

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and a 2023 Honda HR-V. I can’t get the voice to work when on Apple Maps. It works with Google maps, messages, etc. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found a solution?

I have an iPhone 14 ProMax and a 2023 Honda HR-V. I can’t get the voice to work when on Apple Maps. It works with Google maps, messages, etc. Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found a solution?
Under the Privacy settings - Microphone, is Apple Maps toggled on?

On occasion I have found that there is a place on my Honda’s touch screen, somewhere upper right, that has a speaker button and that I had it on mute. Check that. It was the normal icon for a speaker.

On occasion I have found that there is a place on my Honda’s touch screen, somewhere upper right, that has a speaker button and that I had it on mute. Check that. It was the normal icon for a speaker.
Thank you. Did that, and pressed the sound button, but still no luck. Voice on Google maps works.

Thank you. Did that, and pressed the sound button, but still no luck. Voice on Google maps works.
Not sure and I have a broken foot so not going to my car to check but you may have to press the Homda touchscreen more than once. And its only displayed when you have Apple Maps open. Its not the same as the Homda Sound one. And sometimes, it just doesnt work and later it does. also, you need everything updated, both your IOS and the Honda software.

Took both phone and car to Honda dealership. When I’m Apple Maps app, press settings. Takes you into settings for the app. There you adjust the volume. Once you’re out of settings, I was told not to touch the volume at anytime other than when the voice is actually “talking.” Works now!