What's new

Standard maps voice control

bmahony

Reaction score
Can the standard maps loaded in an iphone 4 be used with voice directions I have 3 gps already and was wandering is there any apps or any way i can get voice directions on the standard google maps??

Can the standard maps loaded in an iphone 4 be used with voice directions I have 3 gps already and was wandering is there any apps or any way i can get voice directions on the standard google maps??

I'm not sure you can. Mine doesn't give me voice directions on the preinstalled google maps. I use satnav 2 free in the app store that does.

iHolophyte

I have that app as well Going to wales and hopefully it should work there Bit stupid that apple would give an accurate maps with no voice directions

I have that app as well Going to wales and hopefully it should work there Bit stupid that apple would give an accurate maps with no voice directions

Well it is google maps after all and that's a windows device (laughs out loud) I use my Tom Tom. If you wanna borrow it you can 😉

iHolophyte

I use waze. It is a very good sat nav app. Diverts you around traffic and the uk maps are very much complete with only a few minor errors. It's worth checking out.

I use waze. It is a very good sat nav app. Diverts you around traffic and the uk maps are very much complete with only a few minor errors. It's worth checking out.

Looks alright that one. Just downloading it. 😄

iHolophyte

Just downloaded it and it found my house which is a new build that even Tom Tom doesn't pick up. I'll try it on my way to work tomorrow but looks promising. You should download it mahone

iHolophyte

I use Waze also. Coming from Android, I was disappointed at the lack of vocal turn by turn directions with Maps.

iHolophyte said:
Just downloaded it and it found my house which is a new build that even Tom Tom doesn't pick up. I'll try it on my way to work tomorrow but looks promising. You should download it mahone

iHolophyte

Seems ok