What's new

No sound from 4s when charging.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Im hoping someone can help with a problem my son has with his 4s.
When he connects it to charge he gets no sound.
Sound is fine when not charging.
He's tried a different cable, Can't see any dirt in the port and tried connecting the headphones and then a hard reset.

That's definitley a problem I've never heard of. So, even when he connects the headphones there's no sound while charging?

Two stoopid questions that must be asked:

(1) Is he connecting to the computer or the mains when he doesn't get the sound, and

(2) Is it charging/connected? As in, does the connection work where either it's charging or is connected to the computer and the only thing that is "wrong" is that it's not making a sound?

Or - is it flat out not charging or not connecting to iTunes...?

Marilyn

That's definitley a problem I've never heard of. So, even when he connects the headphones there's no sound while charging?
I messaged him to confirm that so i'll update when i find out.

Two stoopid questions that must be asked:

(1) Is he connecting to the computer or the mains when he doesn't get the sound, and

(2) Is it charging/connected? As in, does the connection work where either it's charging or is connected to the computer and the only thing that is "wrong" is that it's not making a sound?

Or - is it flat out not charging or not connecting to iTunes...?

Marilyn
He's connecting to the mains.
It is charging but no sound when on charge.
However he gets sound from the Headphones when charging.

Last edited:
He says he gets sound when its charging through the headphones.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Im hoping someone can help with a problem my son has with his 4s.
When he connects it to charge he gets no sound.
Sound is fine when not charging.
He's tried a different cable, Can't see any dirt in the port and tried connecting the headphones and then a hard reset.
I've found that I can silence the chime when plugging my iPad into the charger by turning on the mute switch. This won't work for the iPhone though, as the phone then vibrates instead of chiming when plugged into the charger. I couldn't find a way to stop it completely on my iPhone.

I've found that I can silence the chime when plugging my iPad into the charger by turning on the mute switch. This won't work for the iPhone though, as the phone then vibrates instead of chiming when plugged into the charger. I couldn't find a way to stop it completely on my iPhone.
It's puzzle really.