What's new

No Service

Bruno

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Ip4 4.1 jailbroken/unlocked limerain. If the battery dies it take me forever woth of hard resets to get the phone to have service again. Like 10 times it either say invalid sim or no service or just show one signal bar and I can't make calls.

Could this be because of LImerain? I have a real early version like the fourth day it came out and I did download it from this forum.

TIA

You will need to do a restore see if that clears it.

Make sure you click the 'make my life easier button in cydia' so you downgrade back to 4.1 after the restore.

Due to the fact you need the unlock you will also have to preserve your baseband while you update. I don't know much about this because I don't use the unlock, but I do know you need a custom IPSW created on a mac...

I was trying to avoid a restore......

I don't know what else you can do. I had this problem once with a 3G. I tried every trick in the book and nothing worked. Sometimes jailbreaks just don't go exactly right and it's best just so start over. By the time you've played about with every setting uninstalled/reinstalled every app/tweak whaterver you'll probably find you would of been quicker just restoring.

I would suggest using greenpoision this time. I'm on 4.1 jailbroken with greenpoision and so far no problems...

*THOUCHES WOOD*