What's new

No go iPhone to Verizon

LOL. Never looked it at it that way, but you're right.

me and my gf just switched from verizon to at&t yesterday. our cancellation fees were only $115.

At this point we think that if the iPhone does come to verizon, it will be announced this january or next june. At that point we will be 1 year into our contract - $14 - $17 pro-rated rate x 12 months = $186. $325 cancellation fee - $186 = $139 per line to cancel x 2 = $278 to cancel $200 per line and we'd be back on verizon.

until then, we will stick w/at&t and the iPhone 4! gotta love this thing

I'm sure they will be at Verizon, or possibly some other carrier... in 2012!

verizon is not gsm though that presents a problem for apple as everywhere uses gsm = taking up more space in the iphone, unless they have special models for the us that use verizons whatever they use

verizon is not gsm though that presents a problem for apple as everywhere uses gsm = taking up more space in the iphone, unless they have special models for the us that use verizons whatever they use

thats the thing

verizon is not gsm in america, but verizon phones - most of them - can be used in GSM networks. i took my blackberry tour 1 this year to Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, and I was getting service in every country.

there was a rumor that apple purchased cdma chips in bulk last month. This probably could be because they want to develop a chip that can run both GSM AND CDMA - as the verizon phones have already been doing.

This is all really in Apple's court. If they want to remove themselves from the shackles of AT&T and allow themselves to make MORE money than they can possibly dream of, or continue to lose on die-hard customers who will not dare leave Verizon.

I really don't know what the constant hoopla is over Verizon getting the iPhone. I have the iPhone 4 and a BB 8330 on Verizon for work and my voice quality is way better on my iPhone than my BB when driving the same route everyday to work.

My dad is on Verizon and I'm not impressed, call quality is no where near as clear as mine and coverage is no better. I wouldn't leave AT&T to go to Verizon if they offered a free iPhone.
Just my 2 cents.

i feel like Verizon doesn't deserve the iphone 4 ! Especially 98% of their customers that have talked crap about iphones for ever lol

My take is AT&T will throw shed loads of money to be exclusive. Remember Apple was never too set on being the biggest but the best.

Marc

Last edited: