What's new

Newbie on here with new iphone

And wal

Reaction score
Hey all.

Thought I'd join up to see what's going on in the new world of the iPhone 5.

I'm also on iPad forums , but found this one particularly for the iPhone.

I queued and collected my iPhone 5 in white with 16gb from The Apple store in Birmingham at the Bull Ring.

Started queuing around half 10 the night before after an almost 2 hour train journey to Birmingham, and had it in my hands an hour and half after opening @ 9.30 , lucky too because they'd sold out by 10.30!

I've never queued like that for anything in the past, so it was something new, interesting and unusual for me to do , and I couldn't think of another scenario where you can drink, eat, sleep and have my ipad out in full view right in the center of Birmingham !!!!

Going back to the phone though, AWESOMENESS ! Love the way it feels, light, larger display, and faster.

I'm waiting on my nano sim to arrive from my cell supplier, and when it's here I can really start to enjoy it.

I had a quick play with the ones in store but didn't want to spoil it too much, so I'll wait till my sim turns up.

So far though, I'm happy with my purchase.

Even better when I only paid £130 quid for it! , but yes, it's pretty sweet.

Hey all.

Thought I'd join up to see what's going on in the new world of the iPhone 5.

I'm also on iPad forums , but found this one particularly for the iPhone.

I queued and collected my iPhone 5 in white with 16gb from The Apple store in Birmingham at the Bull Ring.

Started queuing around half 10 the night before after an almost 2 hour train journey to Birmingham, and had it in my hands an hour and half after opening @ 9.30 , lucky too because they'd sold out by 10.30!

I've never queued like that for anything in the past, so it was something new, interesting and unusual for me to do , and I couldn't think of another scenario where you can drink, eat, sleep and have my ipad out in full view right in the center of Birmingham !!!!

Going back to the phone though, AWESOMENESS ! Love the way it feels, light, larger display, and faster.

I'm waiting on my nano sim to arrive from my cell supplier, and when it's here I can really start to enjoy it.

I had a quick play with the ones in store but didn't want to spoil it too much, so I'll wait till my sim turns up.

So far though, I'm happy with my purchase.

Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

i too am having white 16GB,arrives tomorrow.

G'day and welcome to the Forum!!! :)

Well, I only coughed up £130 out of my own pocket , I sold my old iPhone 4 , and my 1st gen iPad 32 gb , so the balance I had to make up was £130 :)

I had already upgraded to the 3rd gen iPad so had no need for 2 of them, even though my 6 year old daughter went a little ballistic when she found out I'd sold the 1st gen iPad .

So it might be worth me getting her an iPod touch, less expensive in case of those random accidents that Kids have :)

Last edited:
And wal said:
So it might be worth me getting her an iPod touch, less expensive in case of those random accidents that Kids have :)

That's a great idea!Although I have to share my new iPad with my one year old son :(. He uses it more than me and knows how to operate everything. I might try and get him a touch instead :).

That's a great idea!Although I have to share my new iPad with my one year old son :(. He uses it more than me and knows how to operate everything. I might try and get him a touch instead :).

Well, managed to get my daughter a cheap ipd touch 32gb off eBay, perfect for games and a few films for her, ill just have to ramp up the security on downloading apps etc, and turn off wi-fi so she can't go online with it.

At least it'll be familiar to her using it anyway.