What's new

Newbie here ---Many questions about the iphone 5 and apps

Carcajou

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm currently have an Android phone and love the apps, plenty of free ones to use, and am a firm believer in never paying for apps since phone bills are high enough as it is. I'll be making a jump to Verizon soon, currently am on Boost Mobile using a ZTE Warp, which has been a good starter Android phone.

I've narrowed my choices when I go to Verizon down to the iphone 5 and the HTC Incredible 4G LTE, which is an Android phone. Anything larger than a 4.3 inch screen and I can't get my thumb across and the market seems to have gone to either 4 inch screens with the next size up being 4.5 or larger which as I mentioned is too big. There really aren't any good Android phones out there with the 4.3 inch screens anymore so I'm taking a close look at the iphone 5.

I've grown to really like Android because of the number of free apps, including the free music download. I am very impressed with the look and feel of the iphone 5 but haven't committed to it yet due to the lack of knowledge about the apps available. I have friends and family with iphones but they haven't really utilized many apps at all so they can't answer my questions concerning cool apps like the afore mentioned free music download.

I'd appreciate any and all info on everyone's advice and experience with their iphones and what anyone here might have heard of the upcoming iphone 5S or 6, whichever it is. I anticipate moving on to Verizon around September so that's why I'm curious as to what the next upgrade may bring.

Look forward to hearing everyone's views and comments, and feel free to PM as well if you aren't comfortable with leaving your thoughts in a post.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! Good luck on your decision and you'll find plenty of info throughout the forum ;)!

Welcome, and thanks for the intro, Carc... I've got 2 iPhones in my home and will switch one to the Galaxy S4 as soon as it becomes available. Lots of great Android stuff out there. My other iPhone will probably convert over to the the iPhone 5s (or whatever it will be called). Unfortunately, Apple may be missing out on the "screen size" factor, which is trending larger. The iP5's screen increase was a bummer -- it just got "taller." Duh? Anyway, see you....

Welcome aboard!!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner