What's new

New to iPhone & Download Question

bmuc1017

Reaction score
Hello,

I just would like to say that I am so happy to be apart of this community and ever since I got my iPad I want to transition to EVERYTHING apple. I have had my first iPhone 5 for about a week and of course I am enjoying it. I just have had one issue and I don't know if its a common issue?

I have had some issues sending and email. I have a gmail account and I am not using a gmail app to receive and send emails. I am just using the iPhone mail app. The unsent mail goes right to the "unsent outbox." Several times I would have to restart my phone and compose the email again for it to send. Does anyone else have this issue?

Also, I tried opening the iTunes app store and several times it would say "cannot connect to itunes."

Let me just mention I had almost full bars at LTE in a wide open area.

Do I need to bring this issue up to Verizon? Is there a setting to help with emails? Or is there something wrong with the phone?

Thank you for any help. I would really appreciate it!

Hello,

I just would like to say that I am so happy to be apart of this community and ever since I got my iPad I want to transition to EVERYTHING apple. I have had my first iPhone 5 for about a week and of course I am enjoying it. I just have had one issue and I don't know if its a common issue?

I have had some issues sending and email. I have a gmail account and I am not using a gmail app to receive and send emails. I am just using the iPhone mail app. The unsent mail goes right to the "unsent outbox." Several times I would have to restart my phone and compose the email again for it to send. Does anyone else have this issue?

Highly recommend you follow the directions in this post (Set up Google Sync with your iOS device - Gmail Help) from Google to setup gmail properly using the built in Apple application.

Also, I tried opening the iTunes app store and several times it would say "cannot connect to itunes."

Let me just mention I had almost full bars at LTE in a wide open area.

Do I need to bring this issue up to Verizon? Is there a setting to help with emails? Or is there something wrong with the phone?

Thank you for any help. I would really appreciate it!

Please follow the directions in this post (iPhone 5 (Verizon): About carrier settings update 13.1) from Apple. It "may" help with your situation.

Thank you Skull. The e-mail sync worked but I updated to 13.1 the other day and I had the issue today getting into the app store.

Thank you Skull. The e-mail sync worked but I updated to 13.1 the other day and I had the issue today getting into the app store.

Hmmm.... That has me stumped at present. Normally we see that during the first 24 hours or so of a new device or new version of software. But that has been more than a week now. I'll dwell on it and see if I can think of another reason it could happen.

I really appreciate it. I dont know if it was because my phone had several things trying to run or what? I just think with the processor of the phone and the LTE i shouldnt be running into any issues with opening programs.

I just hit the "Can't connect to iTunes". No clue what caused it either. But I kept switching between the Search and Update tabs and it finally connected. Very odd.